Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 24, 2012
7:20:55 AM
View profile
HELP! Continued billing despite lack of consent

I purchased a SIM for my iPad during a two week visit to US earlier this year at an AT&T store in NY.

I have done this before and the account expires after 30 days and that is that.

This time I am billed a renewal charge every month without having consented to this.

The problem is there does not seem to be any way I can access the acount and ge any information about it either.

AT&T says it does not recognize my email either.

How can I:

1) stop the monthly charges?

2) access my account?

Could it be that the stire staff has fraundently added a different name and number to the account and I am in fact paying for someone elses wireless usage? I have now been excess charged for five months. Can I use my ICCID to stop this?

I purchased a SIM for my iPad during a two week visit to US earlier this year at an AT&T store in NY.

I have done this before and the account expires after 30 days and that is that.

This time I am billed a renewal charge every month without having consented to this.

The problem is there does not seem to be any way I can access the acount and ge any information about it either.

AT&T says it does not recognize my email either.

How can I:

1) stop the monthly charges?

2) access my account?

Could it be that the stire staff has fraundently added a different name and number to the account and I am in fact paying for someone elses wireless usage? I have now been excess charged for five months. Can I use my ICCID to stop this?

HELP! Continued billing despite lack of consent

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 7:30:43 AM
(0)
Tutor

Now I have figured it out but I am confused.

Why am I being billed $25 every month by AT&T Customer Care?

I don't even have an AT&T account.

Now I have figured it out but I am confused.

I don't even have an AT&T account.

2 of 9 (769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 7:31:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

The billing comes from AT&T Data and is exactly $25 every month.

The billing comes from AT&T Data and is exactly $25 every month.

Re: Why am I being billed $25 every month by AT&T Customer Care?

3 of 9 (768 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 11:33:49 AM
(0)
Employee
You are set for automatic billing
You are set for automatic billing
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HELP! Continued billing despite lack of consent

4 of 9 (750 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2012 11:56:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

I never signed up for automatic billing. The SIM I purchased I paid for with AMEX and these "automatic billings" are being charged to my VISA. I need an email address to someone who can do something to find out what is going on.

I never signed up for automatic billing. The SIM I purchased I paid for with AMEX and these "automatic billings" are being charged to my VISA. I need an email address to someone who can do something to find out what is going on.

5 of 9 (725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 27, 2012 1:12:18 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

When you initiated the service, it was as an auto-renewal. I'm sorry this was not made clear when you started the service. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name and email address? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

When you initiated the service, it was as an auto-renewal. I'm sorry this was not made clear when you started the service. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name and email address? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 9 (677 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 10:23:06 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Taylarie on Jun 28, 2012 at 10:27:01 AM

Name: Tord {Personal content removed for your safety}

Email: {Personal content removed for your safety}

Still confused how the billing is charging my VISA? I signed up with my AMEX. The VISA card was never involved

/Tord

Still confused how the billing is charging my VISA? I signed up with my AMEX. The VISA card was never involved

/Tord

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (656 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 28, 2012 3:14:48 PM
(0)
Master

toelf wrote:

/Tord

Is the Visa linked to your iTunes account?  I don't think that is it but you never know.  I would dispute the charge with the credit card company.   it will get the issue looked into especially if you did not sign up with the Visa.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

toelf wrote:

/Tord

Is the Visa linked to your iTunes account?  I don't think that is it but you never know.  I would dispute the charge with the credit card company.   it will get the issue looked into especially if you did not sign up with the Visa.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

8 of 9 (642 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 29, 2012 10:46:57 AM
(0)
Former Community Manager

toelf wrote:

/Tord

I sent you a private message. You can view your private messages by clicking on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this page. 

--------------

toelf wrote:

/Tord

I sent you a private message. You can view your private messages by clicking on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this page. 

--------------

9 of 9 (621 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments