HELP! Continued billing despite lack of consent

Tutor

HELP! Continued billing despite lack of consent

I purchased a SIM for my iPad during a two week visit to US earlier this year at an AT&T store in NY.

I have done this before and the account expires after 30 days and that is that.

This time I am billed a renewal charge every month without having consented to this.

The problem is there does not seem to be any way I can access the acount and ge any information about it either.

AT&T says it does not recognize my email either.

How can I:

1) stop the monthly charges?

2) access my account?

Could it be that the stire staff has fraundently added a different name and number to the account and I am in fact paying for someone elses wireless usage? I have now been excess charged for five months. Can I use my ICCID to stop this?

Message 1 of 9 (892 Views)
Tutor

Why am I being billed $25 every month by AT&T Customer Care?

Now I have figured it out but I am confused.

Why am I being billed $25 every month by AT&T Customer Care?

I don't even have an AT&T account.

Message 2 of 9 (889 Views)
Tutor

Re: Why am I being billed $25 every month by AT&T Customer Care?

The billing comes from AT&T Data and is exactly $25 every month.

Message 3 of 9 (888 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: HELP! Continued billing despite lack of consent

You are set for automatic billing
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 9 (870 Views)
Tutor

I never signed up for automatic billing. The SIM I purchased I paid for with AMEX and these "automatic billings" are being charged to my VISA. I need an email address to someone who can do something to find out what is going on.

Message 5 of 9 (845 Views)
Former Community Manager

When you initiated the service, it was as an auto-renewal. I'm sorry this was not made clear when you started the service. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name and email address? 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 9 (797 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Name: Tord {Personal content removed for your safety}

Email: {Personal content removed for your safety}

Still confused how the billing is charging my VISA? I signed up with my AMEX. The VISA card was never involved

/Tord

Message 7 of 9 (776 Views)
Master

toelf wrote:

Still confused how the billing is charging my VISA? I signed up with my AMEX. The VISA card was never involved

/Tord

Is the Visa linked to your iTunes account?  I don't think that is it but you never know.  I would dispute the charge with the credit card company.   it will get the issue looked into especially if you did not sign up with the Visa.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 8 of 9 (762 Views)
Former Community Manager

toelf wrote:

/Tord

I sent you a private message. You can view your private messages by clicking on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner of this page. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 9 (741 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.