HELP CODE TO UNLOCK

Contributor

HELP CODE TO UNLOCK

Hi! My cousin bought Blackberry 8900 alone no sim no number. I'll be using it in the Philippines and my employer required me to use a prepaid sim at our local network (Globe Telecom). When i inserted the sim it stated that the sim is invalid. How will i make it work. Does the phone needs to be unlocked since its tied up with you? Óur provider told me to ask you if you could unlock it in our behalf because they don't do that here. my IMEI number is { Personal content removed for your safety } Can you assist in unlocking the phone by giving MEP code? What are the other possibilities in order for me to use it already? Hoping for your immediate reply regarding this matter. thank you.
Message Edited by Glomag on 07-07-2009 01:07:04 PM
Message 1 of 6
Master

Re: HELP CODE TO UNLOCK

Although this is a public help forum, we are regular customers of AT&T, and are not able to provide unlock codes for you..... However, if you have been a customer of AT&T for 90 days or more, with an account that is in good standing, you can call up customer care and request the code for free.... Otherwise, for a small fee, you can try eBay, or do a Google search for other online BB unlocking sites...... Also for your own security, it is not a good idea to post your IMEI number on a public forum.... Good luck.
Message 2 of 6

I can tell you firsthand that getting unlock codes for the 8900 is pretty well impossible at the moment, considering that the phone was just launched on AT&T in May, so unless you have a receipt showing that you paid full price for the phone, there's not much that can be done.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Master

Mister Xiado wrote:
I can tell you firsthand that getting unlock codes for the 8900 is pretty well impossible at the moment, considering that the phone was just launched on AT&T in May, so unless you have a receipt showing that you paid full price for the phone, there's not much that can be done.

A phone doesn't have to be out for a long period of time before a carrier can obtain an unlock code for their customers. The AT&T rep. who I spoke with in regards to the BB 8900 that I had, already said that he would give me the unlock code for it, however, I decided not to get it as I wasn't sure that I was going to keep it at the time, and didn't want to wait another 3 months for an unlock code on another device from AT&T........ Also, customers only have to have been with AT&T for 90 day, with an account in good standing, in order to receive an unlock code. It's not necessary that they pay full retail for the device.

Message Edited by Irish Rose on 07-08-2009 05:34:47 AM
Message 4 of 6

It's not a policy reason, but a matter of information availability. A case will have to be filed to acquire the code if a device unlock code cannot be retrieved by Customer Care, after proceeding through the normal verification process, of course.

I've yet to see a valid unlock code request that didn't require a case for higher levels to retrieve the code, but then, requests to unlock BlackBerries are much less common than Motorola phones.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6
Master

Sharon, call AT&T's international support line at 1-916-843-4685, and request the code fro them. This is the number that I call to request the codes for my phones, and I have never had a problem getting them....... If they are unable to process your request at the time that your call was made, they will get your email address, and email the code to you (usually within a week)......... You will still need to be a customer of AT&T in order for them to give you the code, so be ready to give them your mobile number when you call...... Good luck.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support