Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2010
12:59:44 PM
View profile
HELP! AT&T won't allow my Iphone4 with unlimited data
Edited by asnpcwiz on Jun 21, 2010 at 1:01:24 PM

I'm on the phone now with AT&T and they are saying that my $30/month unlimited plan is not eligible with my iPhone 4 order.  That is why I'm still in the "Attention" status.  They are saying they can't process my order because of this.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  They say I have to select the $25/month plan and I can opt out of it when I do the activation.  Sounds fishy to me.  What do I do?

I'm on the phone now with AT&T and they are saying that my $30/month unlimited plan is not eligible with my iPhone 4 order.  That is why I'm still in the "Attention" status.  They are saying they can't process my order because of this.  Can anyone shed some light on this?  They say I have to select the $25/month plan and I can opt out of it when I do the activation.  Sounds fishy to me.  What do I do?

HELP! AT&T won't allow my Iphone4 with unlimited data

[ Edited ]
10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 1:04:03 PM
(0)
Guru

if you have now an Unlimited Data plan of 30.00 and upgrade you can keep the Unlimited Data even with the IPhone 4 .

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

if you have now an Unlimited Data plan of 30.00 and upgrade you can keep the Unlimited Data even with the IPhone 4 .

Re: HELP! AT&T won't allow my Iphone4 with unlimited data

2 of 11 (2,432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 1:10:37 PM
(0)
Former Employee

What kind of phone do you have right now? Make? Model?

What kind of phone do you have right now? Make? Model?

3 of 11 (2,388 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 1:10:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

That's my understanding of it too, but it does not seem to be working.  Or so they say....

That's my understanding of it too, but it does not seem to be working.  Or so they say....

4 of 11 (2,381 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 1:12:14 PM
(0)
Mentor

I currently have the iPhone 3G purchased on launch day.  Both phones mine and my wife's phone are in the same status.  

I currently have the iPhone 3G purchased on launch day.  Both phones mine and my wife's phone are in the same status.  

5 of 11 (2,362 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 1:24:25 PM
(0)
Scholar

You can't trust AT&T. I originally tried to pre order using AT&T but for some reason it was trying to make me change my plans. It wouldn't let me keep my original. That was when I decided to pre order through Apple instead. I'm glad I did.

You can't trust AT&T. I originally tried to pre order using AT&T but for some reason it was trying to make me change my plans. It wouldn't let me keep my original. That was when I decided to pre order through Apple instead. I'm glad I did.

6 of 11 (2,287 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 5:38:37 PM
(0)
Mentor

Sounds fishy and sticks because it is! Once you drop the unlimited you will never get it back!!! I had gotten the same deceptive advice. I think someone in management should stop these employees from deceiving customers... or is it management who is telling them to do it!!

Sounds fishy and sticks because it is! Once you drop the unlimited you will never get it back!!! I had gotten the same deceptive advice. I think someone in management should stop these employees from deceiving customers... or is it management who is telling them to do it!!

7 of 11 (2,129 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 5:40:34 PM
(0)
Mentor

OH and the employees name was Mary Martinez! Do you have the name of the person who gave you that information?

OH and the employees name was Mary Martinez! Do you have the name of the person who gave you that information?

8 of 11 (2,119 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 6:02:41 PM
(0)
Voyager

Just an fyi... I noticed on the top of these thread there was an announcement titled Clarification on New Smartphone Data Plan. You Might want to read that in you defense.

Just an fyi... I noticed on the top of these thread there was an announcement titled Clarification on New Smartphone Data Plan. You Might want to read that in you defense.

9 of 11 (2,056 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 21, 2010 6:14:50 PM
(0)
Scholar

asnpcwiz wrote:

This information you got from AT&T is bad!!! Do not agree to take you Unlimited Smartphone data plan off of any line of service that you ever want to keep it available on for the future. You will not be able to re-add it later it will be GONE.

Thounsands of us have upgraded and kept the Unlimited iPhone Data plan. The rep you were talking to has just not been trained or does not understand the system.

Dave

asnpcwiz wrote:

This information you got from AT&T is bad!!! Do not agree to take you Unlimited Smartphone data plan off of any line of service that you ever want to keep it available on for the future. You will not be able to re-add it later it will be GONE.

Thounsands of us have upgraded and kept the Unlimited iPhone Data plan. The rep you were talking to has just not been trained or does not understand the system.

Dave

10 of 11 (2,022 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 16, 2010 8:29:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

Ok a little help for u all...

I was on my bros plan and wanted to take it over myself..

Well he went and disconnected my unlimited web meaning it was gone for good.

But oh no it wasnt!!

I called att and explained that in the process of my bro setting me up to take over the line some how the web get down graded by mistake and that i would like it back.

they said no sorry and explained all the mubo jumbo.

I explained that i have an Iphone and theres no point having it if i dont have unlimited data.

they wanted to set me up with 2 gigs i would not accept it and told them that this should never had been disconnected! and that i am very unhappy so after about an hour or more of arguing with them they put in a request to restore it due to cancelation by error and low and behold i got it back att arent totally useless and a waste of money i guess atleast once in a while they can help there customers and do somthing right!

come on iphone 5 for multipul networks good bye att!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok a little help for u all...

I was on my bros plan and wanted to take it over myself..

Well he went and disconnected my unlimited web meaning it was gone for good.

But oh no it wasnt!!

I called att and explained that in the process of my bro setting me up to take over the line some how the web get down graded by mistake and that i would like it back.

they said no sorry and explained all the mubo jumbo.

I explained that i have an Iphone and theres no point having it if i dont have unlimited data.

they wanted to set me up with 2 gigs i would not accept it and told them that this should never had been disconnected! and that i am very unhappy so after about an hour or more of arguing with them they put in a request to restore it due to cancelation by error and low and behold i got it back att arent totally useless and a waste of money i guess atleast once in a while they can help there customers and do somthing right!

come on iphone 5 for multipul networks good bye att!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 of 11 (368 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments