Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 17, 2009
7:40:04 AM
HD2 please

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-hd2-gets-official-hands-on-video-0659275/

That along with the "press news" on HTC's site, give me more hope, though no carrier has yet to be defined in any article. But still, they are saying "a major cell phone carrier" as well as knowing the US HD2 will be a GSM phone, still give me hope that I can yet get one of these and still use AT&T. Now, it would still be better yet to know I can use an upgrade option for it, instead of paying full price...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-hd2-gets-official-hands-on-video-0659275/

That along with the "press news" on HTC's site, give me more hope, though no carrier has yet to be defined in any article. But still, they are saying "a major cell phone carrier" as well as knowing the US HD2 will be a GSM phone, still give me hope that I can yet get one of these and still use AT&T. Now, it would still be better yet to know I can use an upgrade option for it, instead of paying full price...I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

HD2 please

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2009 7:54:21 AM
(0)
Mentor

At least you're keeping your fingers crossed and not holding your breath.  I think there was a leaked photo of a T-Mobile USA page that showed they were going to get the HD2 here in the US.  Many here doubt that AT&T will be the one to offer the HD2 here since they're so in bed with Apple.  Still, one can always hope. 

My contract is up in February and if T-Mo offers this and AT&T doesn't, I'll be switching after being with AT&T ever since I can remember.  They may not have the biggest 3G network, but man, this phone looks so good.

At least you're keeping your fingers crossed and not holding your breath.  I think there was a leaked photo of a T-Mobile USA page that showed they were going to get the HD2 here in the US.  Many here doubt that AT&T will be the one to offer the HD2 here since they're so in bed with Apple.  Still, one can always hope. 

My contract is up in February and if T-Mo offers this and AT&T doesn't, I'll be switching after being with AT&T ever since I can remember.  They may not have the biggest 3G network, but man, this phone looks so good.

Re: HD2 please

2 of 13 (3,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 17, 2009 3:28:12 PM
(0)
Mentor
If T-Mobile sees the response and "gets the message" who knows what the future may hold for a better 3G service from them. This may be one of those companies that actually listens to the feedback from the consumer and will respond thereby watching their profit margin soar! If they get the HD2 then I'm out also and I've been with AT&T for years!
If T-Mobile sees the response and "gets the message" who knows what the future may hold for a better 3G service from them. This may be one of those companies that actually listens to the feedback from the consumer and will respond thereby watching their profit margin soar! If they get the HD2 then I'm out also and I've been with AT&T for years!

3 of 13 (3,205 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 18, 2009 7:38:58 PM
(0)
Teacher
I would prefer to stay with AT&T, as I've always been with them as my cell phone provider. However, if they are going to be that faithful to the iphone, and not pick this phone up within 1 month after T-Mobile US releases theirs, I am gone. I will be joining T-Mobile with their better pricing and equal signal strength to AT&T in our area.  It will say a lot about the future of AT&T if they decline to release the HD2; it will tell us, they are not concerned about the Windows Mobile market, and are staying with selling the iphone as the be all - end all to cell phones.........and that is something I can not buy (figurtively and literally).
I would prefer to stay with AT&T, as I've always been with them as my cell phone provider. However, if they are going to be that faithful to the iphone, and not pick this phone up within 1 month after T-Mobile US releases theirs, I am gone. I will be joining T-Mobile with their better pricing and equal signal strength to AT&T in our area.  It will say a lot about the future of AT&T if they decline to release the HD2; it will tell us, they are not concerned about the Windows Mobile market, and are staying with selling the iphone as the be all - end all to cell phones.........and that is something I can not buy (figurtively and literally).

4 of 13 (3,123 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2009 10:04:25 AM
(0)
Mentor
I completely agree with Mojohio.   T-Mo has very good 3G in my area.  I am entitled to a discount in January 2010 although my contract runs to end of year.  If T-Mo is the carrier for HD2 and AT&T doesn't pick it up in a reasonable time thereafter -- I will leave AT&T despite being an overall satisfied and loyal customer for quite a while.  I certainly hope they are monitoring this chatter.  
I completely agree with Mojohio.   T-Mo has very good 3G in my area.  I am entitled to a discount in January 2010 although my contract runs to end of year.  If T-Mo is the carrier for HD2 and AT&T doesn't pick it up in a reasonable time thereafter -- I will leave AT&T despite being an overall satisfied and loyal customer for quite a while.  I certainly hope they are monitoring this chatter.  

5 of 13 (3,034 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2010 12:55:24 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Jamon723 on Mar 7, 2010 at 1:14:31 PM
Also very interested to see where at&t's allegiance lies. Solely with customers looking for an itoy, or continuing to offer something for their (albeit smaller group of) serious tech-savvy customers looking for phones like HTC offers. Right now the Tilt2 (my present phone) is the only HTC phone they have (which I feel is unfortunate because every carrier has a TP2, I liked my 8125, the 8525, & my 8925 being exclusive). The Pure is still listed but it's not available. Their advertising lately has mentioned having "the best smart phones available". If they don't pick up the HD2 when T-mobile's got it (or some still un-leaked HTC "Tilt3" of sorts (I do like my keyboard) with the 1ghz processor & so on, which would be comparable), they'll have to change their ads to say "we think our customers can only operate a phone at a kindergarten level so iphones, iphones, iphones it is". Hopefully that's not the case.
Message Edited by Jamon723 on 03-07-2010 01:14:31 PM
Also very interested to see where at&t's allegiance lies. Solely with customers looking for an itoy, or continuing to offer something for their (albeit smaller group of) serious tech-savvy customers looking for phones like HTC offers. Right now the Tilt2 (my present phone) is the only HTC phone they have (which I feel is unfortunate because every carrier has a TP2, I liked my 8125, the 8525, & my 8925 being exclusive). The Pure is still listed but it's not available. Their advertising lately has mentioned having "the best smart phones available". If they don't pick up the HD2 when T-mobile's got it (or some still un-leaked HTC "Tilt3" of sorts (I do like my keyboard) with the 1ghz processor & so on, which would be comparable), they'll have to change their ads to say "we think our customers can only operate a phone at a kindergarten level so iphones, iphones, iphones it is". Hopefully that's not the case.
Message Edited by Jamon723 on 03-07-2010 01:14:31 PM

[ Edited ]
6 of 13 (2,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2010 12:05:03 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Mandroid on Mar 8, 2010 at 12:05:47 AM

Yup, apparently we are only going to get phones from AT&T that appeal to teenage girls and luddites.

C'mon - give us the ability to buy some proper HTC phones from you and quit forcing us to another provider simply because we don't want an iPhone.

Message Edited by Mandroid on 03-08-2010 12:05:47 AM

Yup, apparently we are only going to get phones from AT&T that appeal to teenage girls and luddites.

C'mon - give us the ability to buy some proper HTC phones from you and quit forcing us to another provider simply because we don't want an iPhone.

Message Edited by Mandroid on 03-08-2010 12:05:47 AM

[ Edited ]
7 of 13 (2,313 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2010 5:36:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

APPLE SUCKS and I will ONLY use Windows Mobile Phones like the HTC HD2. Of course I want to use it to connect to wi-fi hotspots and you will have trouble in places like Chick-Fil-A who want an actual log in and setup/MAC ID address which I feel is VERY invasive. They claim it is a security protocol but that is really big brother stuff wanting to track people. They actually admit it to. HOGWASH. AT&T networks like those in internet cafes such as barnes and noble need to allow the wi-fi network to be automatic without entering ANY information whatsoever or registering for anything.

APPLE SUCKS and I will ONLY use Windows Mobile Phones like the HTC HD2. Of course I want to use it to connect to wi-fi hotspots and you will have trouble in places like Chick-Fil-A who want an actual log in and setup/MAC ID address which I feel is VERY invasive. They claim it is a security protocol but that is really big brother stuff wanting to track people. They actually admit it to. HOGWASH. AT&T networks like those in internet cafes such as barnes and noble need to allow the wi-fi network to be automatic without entering ANY information whatsoever or registering for anything.

8 of 13 (1,654 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2010 5:17:25 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Aug 17, 2010 at 5:18:03 AM

Jamon723 wrote:
Right now the Tilt2 (my present phone) is the only HTC phone they have

You're forgetting the Aria.  Despite Mandroid's comments about phones only for teenage girls and luddites (which is a hilarious comment, BTW!), the Aria seems to have gotten some decent response from users.  Its specs are not up to par with a "flagship" smartphone for sure, but it appears to be a solid phone.

erniemink wrote:

APPLE SUCKS and I will ONLY use Windows Mobile Phones like the HTC HD2.

No Android for you?

Jamon723 wrote:
Right now the Tilt2 (my present phone) is the only HTC phone they have

You're forgetting the Aria.  Despite Mandroid's comments about phones only for teenage girls and luddites (which is a hilarious comment, BTW!), the Aria seems to have gotten some decent response from users.  Its specs are not up to par with a "flagship" smartphone for sure, but it appears to be a solid phone.

erniemink wrote:

APPLE SUCKS and I will ONLY use Windows Mobile Phones like the HTC HD2.

No Android for you?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
9 of 13 (1,625 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 4:12:02 PM
(0)
Tutor

AT&T windows mobile line up is pathetic...

I would love to see something similar to the HD2 or even better the HD mini.

Please give windows mobile 6.5 or soon to be called windows phone classic some love with some of HTC's better offerings.

I am hoping that AT&T will have some new wm6.5 and phone7 devices this fall.

Please give windows mobile 6.5 or soon to be called windows phone classic some love with some of HTC's better offerings.

10 of 13 (1,443 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2010 5:30:47 PM
(0)
Expert

erniemink wrote:

their service, their rules, don't like it don;t go there. There are suppling a free service, they can place any security provisions they wish to on what they provide.

erniemink wrote:

their service, their rules, don't like it don;t go there. There are suppling a free service, they can place any security provisions they wish to on what they provide.

11 of 13 (771 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 2:47:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

megatron_epix wrote:

I seriously doubt that any wm6.5 devices will be released by any major carrier any time soon. Windows phone 7 on the other hand is set to release some time this fall and there have been multiple leaked devices that look primed to be released on att. Plus att has also made statements that it will be the premier carrier for windows phone 7 as well. .

http://www.pcworld.com/article/202035/

megatron_epix wrote:

I seriously doubt that any wm6.5 devices will be released by any major carrier any time soon. Windows phone 7 on the other hand is set to release some time this fall and there have been multiple leaked devices that look primed to be released on att. Plus att has also made statements that it will be the premier carrier for windows phone 7 as well. .

12 of 13 (745 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2010 8:02:00 AM
(0)
Tutor

rd1984 wrote:

megatron_epix wrote:

I am glad I finally have an interaction with someone who is "in the know".  Thank you for informing me that Windows phone 7 is the next Microsoft release.  I am kind of going on the news that Microsoft stated that WM6.5 and Phone7 will coexist in the market place.  HTC has also said they plan to support both.  To be honest I would much rather have another wm6.5 phone than the next gen Phone7, lets face it... Phone7 looks more and more like Vista every time I hear something new.  Actually more like Vista 64bit to be exact.  I think wm6.5 still has some life in it and that there is no reason to not have some better offerings in the soon to be badged Windows Mobile Classic operating system.  I will definitely jump to an Android phone before I would ever transistion to the MS Phone7 OS.  They did not make it backward compitable with all of the previous WM6.5 apps and utilities that I have purchased... so I will reinvest in something new like Android. 

rd1984 wrote:

megatron_epix wrote:

I am glad I finally have an interaction with someone who is "in the know".  Thank you for informing me that Windows phone 7 is the next Microsoft release.  I am kind of going on the news that Microsoft stated that WM6.5 and Phone7 will coexist in the market place.  HTC has also said they plan to support both.  To be honest I would much rather have another wm6.5 phone than the next gen Phone7, lets face it... Phone7 looks more and more like Vista every time I hear something new.  Actually more like Vista 64bit to be exact.  I think wm6.5 still has some life in it and that there is no reason to not have some better offerings in the soon to be badged Windows Mobile Classic operating system.  I will definitely jump to an Android phone before I would ever transistion to the MS Phone7 OS.  They did not make it backward compitable with all of the previous WM6.5 apps and utilities that I have purchased... so I will reinvest in something new like Android. 

13 of 13 (735 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments