Great resource for parents!

Great resource for parents!

Great job, AT&T!  Smart Controls provides so many great resources to help give parents peace of mind when it comes to their familiy's use of technology.  This one's a winner!

Message 1 of 4 (2,301 Views)
Contributor

Re: Great resource for parents!

[ Edited ]

No it's not.  It should be something offered for free on all accounts.  They advertise it as something to help keep the costs down yet they charge per line.  All I want to do is disable internet access on my wife's and our 2 kids phones.  Every time they accidentally go online, it costs money, six dollars every month adds up.  I don't have that problem with my smartphone plan.  {Uncalled for comment edited}

Message 2 of 4 (1,677 Views)
Master

Cavedar wrote:

All I want to do is disable internet access on my wife's and our 2 kids phones.

You can do that for free.  Call customer service and ask for a data block to be placed on each line.  The only downside is, without data, it also prevents MMS/picture messages.  But if MMS/picture messaging is not important then this should solve you from being charged for data on those lines.

Message 3 of 4 (1,675 Views)
Mentor

No, it's not.  You can't stop incoming calls while your child is at school or at night.  

Message 4 of 4 (1,091 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.