Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 27, 2010
9:58:36 PM
Great resource for parents!

Great job, AT&T!  Smart Controls provides so many great resources to help give parents peace of mind when it comes to their familiy's use of technology.  This one's a winner!

Great job, AT&T!  Smart Controls provides so many great resources to help give parents peace of mind when it comes to their familiy's use of technology.  This one's a winner!

Great resource for parents!

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 9:27:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Glomag on Jan 18, 2011 at 5:37:21 AM

No it's not.  It should be something offered for free on all accounts.  They advertise it as something to help keep the costs down yet they charge per line.  All I want to do is disable internet access on my wife's and our 2 kids phones.  Every time they accidentally go online, it costs money, six dollars every month adds up.  I don't have that problem with my smartphone plan.  {Uncalled for comment edited}

No it's not.  It should be something offered for free on all accounts.  They advertise it as something to help keep the costs down yet they charge per line.  All I want to do is disable internet access on my wife's and our 2 kids phones.  Every time they accidentally go online, it costs money, six dollars every month adds up.  I don't have that problem with my smartphone plan.  {Uncalled for comment edited}

Re: Great resource for parents!

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2011 9:52:24 PM
(0)
Master

Cavedar wrote:

All I want to do is disable internet access on my wife's and our 2 kids phones.

You can do that for free.  Call customer service and ask for a data block to be placed on each line.  The only downside is, without data, it also prevents MMS/picture messages.  But if MMS/picture messaging is not important then this should solve you from being charged for data on those lines.

Cavedar wrote:

All I want to do is disable internet access on my wife's and our 2 kids phones.

You can do that for free.  Call customer service and ask for a data block to be placed on each line.  The only downside is, without data, it also prevents MMS/picture messages.  But if MMS/picture messaging is not important then this should solve you from being charged for data on those lines.

3 of 4 (1,620 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2011 3:12:34 AM
(0)
Mentor

No, it's not.  You can't stop incoming calls while your child is at school or at night.  

No, it's not.  You can't stop incoming calls while your child is at school or at night.  

4 of 4 (1,036 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments