Grandfathered in data

Teacher

Grandfathered in data

BSbyAt wrote:

If I was promised I would me grandfathered in plus it's in my special instructions!

Why are your Rep now telling me, the Rep that told you that was misinformed.

BSbyat

need more detail to see - what phone are you coming from, how much where you paying for the unlimited data plan?

A Smatphone when Att told me it was a smartphone!

The price Att told me a Smartphone would cost me for unlimited data!

BSbyAt

Message 1 of 30
Expert

Re: Grandfathered in data

BSbyAt wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

If I was promised I would me grandfathered in plus it's in my special instructions!

BSbyat

need more detail to see - what phone are you coming from, how much where you paying for the unlimited data plan?

BSbyAt

What smartphone

What cost.

Message 2 of 30
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

If I was promised I would be grandfathered in plus it's in my special instructions!

BSbyat

BSbyAt

What smartphone

What cost.

Why does this matter?

BSbyAt

Message 3 of 30
Professor

BSbyAt wrote:

Why does this matter?

BSbyAt

Because some people confuse feature phones with smart phones.  They simply want to clarify that your device is actually a smart phone.

The price matters because you may not have an unlimited data plan.

Message 4 of 30
Teacher

satchev wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

Why does this matter?

BSbyAt

Because some people confuse feature phones with smart phones.  They simply want to clarify that your device is actually a smart phone.

Att told me it was a Smartphone when I brought it!

Now you are trying to confuse me and call it a feature phone?

Like I said, I brought it with unlimited data.

satchev,

Please stop it! You are making Att look bad!

BSbyAt

Message 5 of 30

satchev wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

Why does this matter?

BSbyAt

The price also matters because AT&T has/had several different unlimited data plans.  The price is the most direct way to determine if the plan in question is a unlimited smartphone data plan.  That plan is $30/month.  If the plan in question is less than that, it was for something other than a smartphone.

Message 6 of 30
Expert

BSbyAt wrote:

satchev wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

Why does this matter?

BSbyAt

satchev,

BSbyAt

No one is making ATT look bad, this is a peer to peer forum in most cases, we are just trying to get enough information to give you a good possiblity of what is occuring.

No one is trying to call it anything since no one but you is aware of the type of phone that it is, this cannot be determined if you do not give the model. basicly unless it is a Iphone 2G and you where not paying 30.00 for data alone, then chances are it is not a smartphone. This is speculation unless you supply more information. Do not understand why you are so evasive on the infornmation request.

Message 7 of 30
Teacher

wingrider01 wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

satchev wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

Why does this matter?

BSbyAt

satchev,

BSbyAt

No one is making ATT look bad, this is a peer to peer forum in most cases, we are just trying to get enough information to give you a good possiblity of what is occuring.

No one is trying to call it anything since no one but you is aware of the type of phone that it is, this cannot be determined if you do not give the model. basicly unless it is a Iphone 2G and you where not paying 30.00 for data alone, then chances are it is not a smartphone. This is speculation unless you supply more information. Do not understand why you are so evasive on the infornmation request.

wingrider01,

Now you are making Att look bad!

You said "unless it is a Iphone 2G and you where not pay 30.00 for data alone, then chances are it is not a Smartphone".

Ralph de la Vega needs to sit each and every last one of you down and give you the history on ATT and the word Smartphone!

BSbyAt

Message 8 of 30
Professor

We are not AT&T employees, we are customers just like yourself.  Is it really that difficult to understand?

Unless YOU provide some answers to the questions that have been asked, there is no one here that can help you.

Do you want answers, or do you simply have nothing better to do than waste everyone's time?

Make a decision.

Message 9 of 30
Former Community Manager

Hi BSbyAt

It sounds like we've got a little confusion here. 

Can you please tell us what model of phone you have and what you are concerned about? If we have that information, we can help. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 10 of 30
Teacher

Hi jamileh,

The Att Community manager that can't read!

And they you pay you, right?

BSbyAt

Message 11 of 30
Former Community Manager

BSbyAt

This is a friendly place where people try to help each other. If you continue to act in this manner, I will remove your account. 

If you need help, please let us know. 

BSbyAt wrote:

Hi jamileh,

The Att Community manager that can't read!

And they you pay you, right?

BSbyAt

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 12 of 30

Look, we are not AT&T employees. I'm not even certain if the "Community Managers" are considered AT&T employees.

Your question is NOT clear. Lashing out at people trying to clarify what you are asking is NOT the way to go about getting help.

If you have a smartphone with an unlimited $30 smartphone data plan AND you've kept that plan continuously, you should be able to keep it.

If, by any chance, you are on the original iPhone (2G) with the $20 data plan, you'll have to transfer to a $30 unlimited data plan when getting a new smartphone.

If you had any other plan (MediaNet, MediaMax) attached to a smartphone, you had the WRONG plan for your device. AT&T will most likely not allow you to keep an unlimited plan, and they WILL probably make you move to a tiered plan.

BSbyAt wrote:

BSbyAt wrote:

BSbyat

BSbyAt

Message 13 of 30
Former Community Manager

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

Look, we are not AT&T employees. I'm not even certain if the "Community Managers" are considered AT&T employees.

Yes, both Alex & I (community managers) are employees Smiley Happy

Anyone with the following signature is an employee - "I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions."

--------------

Message 14 of 30
Teacher

All,

To the one's that are trying to keep this American company alive, thank you.

But American companies need to stop trying to pull the rug from under it's customers.

Like I said, I was promised I would be grandfathered in to my unlimited data plan! Now an Att representative is telling me I was misinformed.

BSbyAT

Message 15 of 30
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support