Grandfathered in data

Teacher

Grandfathered in data

BSbyAt wrote:

If I was promised I would me grandfathered in plus it's in my special instructions!

Why are your Rep now telling me, the Rep that told you that was misinformed.

BSbyat

need more detail to see - what phone are you coming from, how much where you paying for the unlimited data plan?

A Smatphone when Att told me it was a smartphone!

The price Att told me a Smartphone would cost me for unlimited data!

BSbyAt

Message 1 of 30 (1,426 Views)

Re: Grandfathered in data

BSbyAt wrote:

All,

To the one's that are trying to keep this American company alive, thank you.

But American companies need to stop trying to pull the rug from under it's customers.

Like I said, I was promised I would be grandfathered in to my unlimited data plan! Now an Att representative is telling me I was misinformed.

BSbyAT

It is very difficult to provide assistance to someone who refuses to provide the information required to answer their questions.

Message 16 of 30 (1,238 Views)
Master

BSbyAt wrote:

All,

But American companies need to stop trying to pull the rug from under it's customers.

Like I said, I was promised I would be grandfathered in to my unlimited data plan! Now an Att representative is telling me I was misinformed.

BSbyAT

Not sure what your exact question is but let me make an assumption.

If you have an unlimited plan right now, you can change to the new iPhone 4S and retain your unlimited data plan! If you do not have a unlimited data plan right now, you can get either the 2GB ro 200mb plan!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 17 of 30 (1,233 Views)
Former Community Manager

BSbyAt wrote:

All,

BSbyAT

Hello, 

Since we can't seem to get the information we need to assist you here, will you please send me a private message with a  your name, account information, phone number and the best time to contact you?

I will have someone contact you directly. 

~jam

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 30 (1,231 Views)
Teacher

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

If you had any other plan (MediaNet, MediaMax) attached to a smartphone, you had the WRONG plan for your device. AT&T will most likely not allow you to keep an unlimited plan, and they WILL probably make you move to a tiered plan.

Is this true?

Message 19 of 30 (1,225 Views)
Master

BSbyAt wrote:

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

If you had any other plan (MediaNet, MediaMax) attached to a smartphone, you had the WRONG plan for your device. AT&T will most likely not allow you to keep an unlimited plan, and they WILL probably make you move to a tiered plan.

Is this true?

Yes, you must have an unlimted iPhone or smartphone data plan to keep it going forward.  the plans referenced above are not ment for smartphones.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 20 of 30 (1,222 Views)
Former Community Manager

BSbyAt wrote:

Is this true?

We can give you the best answer if you'll allow us to review your account and speak directly with you. 

Please send me a private message with a  your name, account information, phone number and the best time to contact you as I requested above. I will have someone contact you directly. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 21 of 30 (839 Views)
Teacher

Like I said when I brought it, it was called a Smartphone!

BSbyAt

Message 22 of 30 (838 Views)
Former Community Manager

I understand that you bought a smartphone. The word smartphone is a general term for phones that allow people to a lot of different features. It is not a model or brand of phone like iPhone, Samsung Focus or Motorola Atrix.

If you will please send me the information I've requested about we can help you.

--------------

Message 23 of 30 (833 Views)
Teacher

Hi jamileh,

Please call me.

I just PM you.

Thanks,

BSbyAT

Message 24 of 30 (831 Views)
Former Community Manager

Thank you for the information, I have replied to your PM. 

--------------

Message 25 of 30 (814 Views)
Teacher

No luck with this company!

I'll see if my company has a discount with Sprint.

Don't let the Tmobile merger bite you!!!

BSbyAt or BSbyAC?
Message 26 of 30 (774 Views)

It is absolutely true. If you purchased a device that was classified as a Smartphone, you should have had a Smartphone Data package provisioned onto your account. If, for any reason, a MediaNet, MediaMax, or other non-Smartphone Data Plan was added to your account, it was the WRONG PLAN. Some people wound up with tthe wrong plans by mistake, and others by deceit. AT&T has corrected some of the incorrect plans attached to phones, but they haven't caught up with everyone yet. Unfortunately for you, AT&T now has safeguards to prevent incorrectly provisioned plans from being carried forward.

The bottom line is this - you haven't told us what device you're using, and what data plan is on your account. Without this, we CANNOT help you. It's almost like you know the answer you're going to get isn't the one you want to hear, so you're purposefully not providing that info.

BSbyAt wrote:

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:

Is this true?

Message 27 of 30 (724 Views)
Former Community Manager

BSbyAt wrote:
No luck with this company!

I'll see if my company has a discount with Sprint.

Don't let the Tmobile merger bite you!!!

BSbyAt or BSbyAC?

I reviewed the notes from the case created when our team contacted you. I understand that you have not yet purchased a phone with a dataplan and that you did not actually have an unlimited dataplan when you got your first phone. 

AT&T offers multiple plans for data as well as a tool to help you understand how much data you actually use. Here is the tool: http://www.att.com/standalone/data-calculator/ you can use to estimate how much data you will use. You may find that you can save some money by not using an ulimited plan. 

--------------

Message 28 of 30 (675 Views)
Scholar

BadBadLeroyBrown wrote:.
It's almost like you know the answer you're going to get isn't the one you want to hear, so you're purposefully not providing that info.

I think this is the case. I don't think anyone knows what is going on here. But op seems to be blind with anger or unable to comprehend the purpose of this forum. With the collective knowledge here, a phone model and the price of his current data plan would clear everything up.

Message 29 of 30 (670 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Hi again jamileh,

I do have A unlimited plan on my account, please check again!

SMT5600 and Tilt 2?

IPhone 4steve(RIP)

BSbyAt
Message 30 of 30 (630 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.