Gotta love them calling you a liar! AKA: Tethering?????

Contributor

Gotta love them calling you a liar! AKA: Tethering?????

I have been a customer for 8 years now and I love the fact that I got a text stating that I tether a few months back. I go to the AT&T store. " Oh, they send that to everyone that uses a lot of minutes.. which I do as I basically listen to Pandora and XM on my phone all day. Get told not to worry about it.

I get a second message. "We see you are continuing to Tether..."

I call again a speak to customer service. I tell the girl what I do and ask whey they keep saying that I tether when I don't, and even have a Verizon 4G hotspot I use when I'm not at my hotel. Told not to worry and that I would get a third text but I could ignore it as she took me "off the tether ing list".

I get a third text (never an email or letter) stating that my plan will change because I am tethering.. AGAIN. I call back and am told "sorry, nothing we can do"... they still cannot tell me why I  am considered to be tethering as they are all obvious dolts. I am waiting to see what happens now on my next billing cycle.

I have cancelled my auto-pay and if they change my plan, my attorney is stating that I can refuse payment as they have not provided any evidence that I tether.

Message 1 of 22 (679 Views)
Professor

Re: Gotta love them calling you a liar! AKA: Tethering?????

wmiranda wrote:

I have been a customer for 8 years now and I love the fact that I got a text stating that I tether a few months back. I go to the AT&T store. " Oh, they send that to everyone that uses a lot of minutes.. which I do as I basically listen to Pandora and XM on my phone all day. Get told not to worry about it.

I get a second message. "We see you are continuing to Tether..."

I call again a speak to customer service. I tell the girl what I do and ask whey they keep saying that I tether when I don't, and even have a Verizon 4G hotspot I use when I'm not at my hotel. Told not to worry and that I would get a third text but I could ignore it as she took me "off the tether ing list".

I get a third text (never an email or letter) stating that my plan will change because I am tethering.. AGAIN. I call back and am told "sorry, nothing we can do"... they still cannot tell me why I  am considered to be tethering as they are all obvious dolts. I am waiting to see what happens now on my next billing cycle.

I have cancelled my auto-pay and if they change my plan, my attorney is stating that I can refuse payment as they have not provided any evidence that I tether.

Please keep us updated as I also use lots of minutes. I haven't started receiving text messages yet, but still....

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zombie Hunter Mission Statement

Exterminate the living dead and keep our fellow citizens alive and safe. We will be connecting with our fellow businesses, the police department, funeral home, and weapon manufacturers to help map out, and exterminate the pesky living dead from our community.

~~~Seth Mendenhall
Message 2 of 22 (670 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

GR!  i am glad wmiranda stayed ontop of that and got it straightened out.

but according to one "kwinston", its not CSR or ATT thats the problem, its YOU ( http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-and-Support/Customer-Service-has-been-great-for-well-over-a-ye... )

Hey, i hear you, too, had to keep calling CSR back for a week now since the site update and users couldn't log onto their accounts.  Youve might have read were my account said that my data/plan features had changed and therefore could not display accurate usage onscreen.  This message indicated there was an 'unauthorized' change to my services/plan/features/contract, whatever term they want to call it.   Got similar response as yours that it was a 'general' message that everyone gets. 

Message never went away.  I then received an email stating to confirm changes made on my account ( but according to "kwinston" who has many years experience than I , i am just griping and exaggerating.. ha)

Called CSR back and had to finally (like most csr calls i have had...no wait, let me stretch that a bit... like all CSR calls I have had to make since before i was even born) , i ended up speaking with a manager.  The mgr saw "finally" that when the site glitched, it (or someone) evidently flagged the feature setting or 'my account was used as a test' maybe they forgot to unflag thefeature testing....

None of that did i buy,but didnt care what the reason was as long as it gets 'unflagged' and they review my CSS.  It got unflagged. All is well

........... and as kwinston says: "all of my calls this week were good, courtesy "how you doing?" calls, not one was an issue, not one was a problem withCSR, else all the above is just an exaggerated gripe that makes one feel better.........."

Message 3 of 22 (666 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

"but according to one "kwinston", its not CSR or ATT thats the problem, its YOU ( http://forums.att.com/t5/General-Care-and-Support/Customer-Service-has-been-great-for-well-over-a-ye... )"

We have not discussed anything about a tethering billing problems, so how would I know if it's a CSR problem or AT&T.  There you go again with assumptions.  

"all of my calls this week were good, courtesy "how you doing?"
When did I say anything remotely close to this?

Please don't pretend to quote me and make up your own words, pretty sad on your part. I guess when one has nothing more to say in the losing end of a discussion they resort to making up things. WHen you need to bring me into other threads shows how sad you are.

Message 4 of 22 (654 Views)
Professor

Hahahaaahaa. You are hillarious. You get online and post that everyone with some comment not enligned with yours is mere commical griping. Just respect others vents and right to post as you evidently wish to be respected as well, and should be.

How about that cup of coffee or Jamba Juice? Virtually of course.
Message 5 of 22 (649 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Again, I did not say "everyone". Please keep it accurate, you're just proving my point. Basically your griping about my posts while at the same time exaggerating and making up stuff that I said so that you can get more people to agree with you. lol

I am respecting people's right to vent. There is not one thread where I replied to the OP and disputed what they were claiming. Matter of fact if there was something I could tell them that would help them with their problem then I will tell them.

I'm just stating a fact that most people tend to exaggerate the problems they are posting about.

I have a coffee in my hand.  I wake in the morning, get my coffee and relax while reading stuff on forums like this.

Message 6 of 22 (646 Views)
Professor

........let the peeeeple post..... It is not your concern or job categorizing other peeeeples activity or frame of mind.......
Message 7 of 22 (642 Views)
Scholar

Yes, it's not my job, but I have a right just like they do to post my opinions. Anyone coming to this DB for the first time has a right to actually read a good experience (remember, people don't come on these DB's to praise a company). They also have a right to be told that some people will exaggerate their stories also.
Message 8 of 22 (637 Views)
Professor

Well that, oldtimer, is a fact.. They dont log on here until they have a prob.... Then when they learn that att doesnt actually read or respond to issues or resolutions in this forum (word has it they do check out the forum.... Smiley Wink ), then eventually they find the forum really is a way to post their questions , say they hate or love att, stick around or never log on ever again... It goes in cycles..
Message 9 of 22 (632 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

That again may help explain why I think they exaggerate things. Once they find out that this is not an AT&T support site, but just a AT&T user site, then they have nothing to lose and can bash, gripe and yes exaggerate things because they assume AT&T personnel will not help them on here. Once they read some other threads, they then see that a couple of wonderful people employed by AT&T do read and provides tons of help on here.  note: I think the Uverse forums receive more input from AT&T employees, then do the wireless forum.
I notice that once a real AT&T person responds to the OP's problem, then in most cases the tone of the OP becomes much less upset.

Message 10 of 22 (631 Views)
Professor

Lol now THAT I bet is true! There are in fact excellent csr gurus here on the forum.... AND I HOPE THEY Know I wasnt taking about them ...

For me, it must be like I am with red wasps and other stinging isects.. They migrate to me before biting anyone else... Thats NO exaggeration... Well a little... But I certainly have come in contact with some doozie csr and try to politely steer away as soon as I pick up the signs the call is a potential prob builder
Message 11 of 22 (561 Views)
Scholar

Believe me, I know bad CS when I get it. I use to get it with AT&T and I still get it with many big companies. I know of the 2-3 hour phone calls while spending a great deal of that time on hold, then to be dropped and having to start the process over. I know of the explaining in detail your problem, then getting handed off to someone else and having to again explain in detail the problem. I know of the CSR's that are Indian and how hard it is for me to understand them. I know of talking to 3-4 different CS reps or managers and getting different answers from all of them. It's just that none of this happens to me anymore with AT&T

BTW: Thanks to the wonderful CSR gurus that contribute on here, they are a blessing on here.
Message 12 of 22 (560 Views)
Professor

Yeah, those csr gurus know who they are! Hey oldtimer, how about that cup of coffee!
Message 13 of 22 (559 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Well jamba juice

and u see? Got your comments up to almost 100 posts just this morning, alone!
Message 14 of 22 (558 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Data usage is not an acceptable form of evidence. If I listen to XM, as I do daily,.. you can run up several hundred MBs of data every couple of days. My usage has been about 4-6GB monthly for the last few months.

AT&T wouyld have to perform Deep Packet inspection on all large usage accounts to see what data is being passed and from where (monitoring not just TTL from the iPhone in this case but actually looking at whether different ip addresses are accessing the device with, also, TTL settings).

I will not give up my unlimited data plan,.. my carry over minutes etc.  At a minimum, I will leave them (I am positive they could care less), will not pay them

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 15 of 22 (545 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.