Helpful Links

Gotta love them calling you a liar! AKA: Tethering?????

Contributor

Gotta love them calling you a liar! AKA: Tethering?????

I have been a customer for 8 years now and I love the fact that I got a text stating that I tether a few months back. I go to the AT&T store. " Oh, they send that to everyone that uses a lot of minutes.. which I do as I basically listen to Pandora and XM on my phone all day. Get told not to worry about it.

I get a second message. "We see you are continuing to Tether..."

I call again a speak to customer service. I tell the girl what I do and ask whey they keep saying that I tether when I don't, and even have a Verizon 4G hotspot I use when I'm not at my hotel. Told not to worry and that I would get a third text but I could ignore it as she took me "off the tether ing list".

I get a third text (never an email or letter) stating that my plan will change because I am tethering.. AGAIN. I call back and am told "sorry, nothing we can do"... they still cannot tell me why I  am considered to be tethering as they are all obvious dolts. I am waiting to see what happens now on my next billing cycle.

I have cancelled my auto-pay and if they change my plan, my attorney is stating that I can refuse payment as they have not provided any evidence that I tether.

Message 1 of 22
Scholar

Re: Gotta love them calling you a liar! AKA: Tethering?????

Yeah, but i dont really want 1600+ posts. Lol
Message 16 of 22
Professor

Heheh... Cant you tell I had some free time this morning Smiley Wink ?
Message 17 of 22
Employee

am i a guru or do i come off as a pest lol
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 18 of 22
Professor

You are the GURU of All GURUS.....
Message 19 of 22
Contributor

Must work for AT&T

Message 20 of 22
Contributor

to the guru's that monitor this forum the new change forcing unlimited internet users using laptop connect what does anyone at AT&T think anyone can do with 5 gigs a month?  And why would they add 10 dollars to the bill for less?  And why do they leave messages that aren't even the problem.  When they shut off my internet because I hadn't agree'd to the new plan the message was I was sim swapping when I called they said no you just haven't agreed to the 5 gig plan yet.  Which of course I cancelled my internet with them.

Don't know what any business people that travel around the country can do for internet with (can't put in forum) running the show 5 gigs how many word documents, presentations can you send before you get hit with 503.00 dollars for each gig over?   I find loads for my business how many load boards can I access and go back and forth until I decide the best one?  Makes good business sense to me to look elsewhere.  Also my moto is do business with those you trust and when you have a one sided contract and the other decides to change it at will means no trust.

Message 21 of 22
Highlighted
Scholar

How about starting your own thread on here.
Message 22 of 22
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support