Got new phone, can redownload old ringtones?

Contributor

Got new phone, can redownload old ringtones?

Okay, I got a new phone. I have no ringtones on it, except one very new one. I dont want to have to buy a whole bunch again. My AT&T guy said I might be able to call support and ask them "unlock" my ringtones so I can redownload them or send them via bluetooth, is that possible?

I dont want to call and waste my time just for a no!
Message 1 of 8 (6,052 Views)
Expert

Re: Got new phone, can redownload old ringtones?

unfortunatly when you bought the ringtones the first time you only bought the rights for that copy on that phone, so unless yot wish to break the DRM copyright laws you will have to rebuy the ringtones again.
Wirelessly posted (Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.1.10423/1724; en; U; ssr))
Message 2 of 8 (6,040 Views)
Master

allaplgs wrote:
Okay, I got a new phone. I have no ringtones on it, except one very new one. I dont want to have to buy a whole bunch again. My AT&T guy said I might be able to call support and ask them "unlock" my ringtones so I can redownload them or send them via bluetooth, is that possible?

I dont want to call and waste my time just for a no!

If you have a Motorola phone, you can use Motorola Phone Tools to unlock the ringtones.
Message 3 of 8 (6,030 Views)
Contributor

Its a sony ericsson w580i. Smiley Sad I guess thats okay. Thanks for helping!
Message 4 of 8 (6,025 Views)
Master

allaplgs wrote:
Its a sony ericsson w580i. Smiley Sad I guess thats okay. Thanks for helping!

You are welcome.
Message 5 of 8 (5,993 Views)

Yes, Motorola Phone Tools will work for that... but you'll need Bluetooth or something to get them to the new phone.
Message 6 of 8 (5,801 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi,

I too would like to transfer one ringtone to my new phone that is no longer available through the AT&T website. My old phone does not have computer capabilities...is it still possible to unlock the ringtone and transfer it to my new phone? If so, how?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Message Edited by WhitePuff on 07-09-2008 04:30:30 PM
Message 7 of 8 (5,260 Views)
Master

WhitePuff wrote:
Hi,

I too would like to transfer one ringtone to my new phone that is no longer available through the AT&T website. My old phone does not have computer capabilities...is it still possible to unlock the ringtone and transfer it to my new phone? If so, how?

Thank you, any help is appreciated.

Message Edited by WhitePuff on 07-09-2008 04:30:30 PM

If you have a Motorola phone, you will need to buy Motorola Phone Tools. Motorola Phone Tools has the ability to unlock ringtones.  If you dnot have a Motorola phone, then there is no way to transfer the ringtone since it is locked to your phone.
Message 8 of 8 (5,229 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.