Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 14, 2011
5:42:16 AM
Got my new iPhone 4s!

Hardly anybody in line .... so easy. In and out in less than 15minutes once we got in the store.

I was #4 in line .... Smiley Happy

easy-peasy! 

Hardly anybody in line .... so easy. In and out in less than 15minutes once we got in the store.

I was #4 in line .... Smiley Happy

easy-peasy! 

Got my new iPhone 4s!

24 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(24)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:14:24 AM
(0)
Teacher
Glad to here someone got their phone. I was wandering why alot of other people didn't wait to get theirs in the store. I figured all of the preordered phones would be delayed. I'm waiting to here how much faster it is so how about testing it for us.
Glad to here someone got their phone. I was wandering why alot of other people didn't wait to get theirs in the store. I figured all of the preordered phones would be delayed. I'm waiting to here how much faster it is so how about testing it for us.

Re: Got my new iPhone 4s!

2 of 25 (1,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:20:27 AM
(0)
Teacher

I ordered 2 phones at preorder and only one shipped. My wife's of course was backordered so I waited in line this moring at my local AT&T and was #2 in line. Got her phone and was still on time to work. Mine is "Out for Delivery" so should be there when I get home from work. Not really that many people in line. 

I ordered 2 phones at preorder and only one shipped. My wife's of course was backordered so I waited in line this moring at my local AT&T and was #2 in line. Got her phone and was still on time to work. Mine is "Out for Delivery" so should be there when I get home from work. Not really that many people in line. 

3 of 25 (1,240 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:21:19 AM
(0)
Mentor

I'm still setting mine up and I'm coming from a 3G .....(from 2009).

But so far, sooo much faster opening things. I haven't tried Siri yet (gonna try that out in a bit) but have been setting emails and stuff up and it just seems so easy.

It's (dare I say it) faster than my MacBook Pro in some aspects 

I'm still setting mine up and I'm coming from a 3G .....(from 2009).

But so far, sooo much faster opening things. I haven't tried Siri yet (gonna try that out in a bit) but have been setting emails and stuff up and it just seems so easy.

It's (dare I say it) faster than my MacBook Pro in some aspects 

4 of 25 (1,238 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 6:41:16 AM
(0)
Teacher

Can't wait for mine to arrive - It is "Out for Delivery"

Can't wait for mine to arrive - It is "Out for Delivery"

5 of 25 (1,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 7:29:22 AM
(0)
Contributor

Got it from UPS this morning, synched everything and everything works except it still says no service.....is their somehting  I can do or am I just waiting for AT&T to transfer me over?

Got it from UPS this morning, synched everything and everything works except it still says no service.....is their somehting  I can do or am I just waiting for AT&T to transfer me over?

6 of 25 (1,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 7:38:09 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by kimstm on Oct 14, 2011 at 7:39:20 AM

Edmond 63------Were  you upgrading your iphone?  If so, how were you able to get your wife's phone at the discounted price or did you?

Thanks!

Kim

Edmond 63------Were  you upgrading your iphone?  If so, how were you able to get your wife's phone at the discounted price or did you?

Thanks!

Kim

[ Edited ]
7 of 25 (1,078 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 8:30:30 AM
(0)
Expert

Mine just arrived (from Apple).  Even though I left the pre-sign on the door, UPS rang the bell and I signed for it.  Delivery was slated by end of day. 

Mine just arrived (from Apple).  Even though I left the pre-sign on the door, UPS rang the bell and I signed for it.  Delivery was slated by end of day. 

8 of 25 (1,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 8:44:54 AM
(0)
Teacher

AWESOME !!!! GLad people are finally writing postive notes !!!

mine is out for Delivery to... Smiley Very Happy

AWESOME !!!! GLad people are finally writing postive notes !!!

mine is out for Delivery to... Smiley Very Happy

9 of 25 (952 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 9:47:04 AM
(0)
Mentor

Pretty amazing photo quality from a cellphone camera - and I wasn't even trying!! This is my suepr handsome iphone 4s sidekick Smiley Happy he stood in line with me this morning so I could get 2 phones (mine and my hubbys) Smiley Happy

Pretty amazing photo quality from a cellphone camera - and I wasn't even trying!! This is my suepr handsome iphone 4s sidekick Smiley Happy he stood in line with me this morning so I could get 2 phones (mine and my hubbys) Smiley Happy

10 of 25 (846 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 9:48:54 AM
(0)
Expert

Handsome young man, and great quality photo!

Handsome young man, and great quality photo!

11 of 25 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 9:52:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

I"m such a bonehead, I received my 32gb iphones at 10:00am, then ran to ATT and switched them out for the 64gb.  What a nutcase I am.

I"m such a bonehead, I received my 32gb iphones at 10:00am, then ran to ATT and switched them out for the 64gb.  What a nutcase I am.

12 of 25 (621 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 9:53:47 AM
(0)
Expert

At least they had them in stock! Smiley Very Happy

At least they had them in stock! Smiley Very Happy

13 of 25 (619 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:00:42 AM
(0)
Mentor

my local AT&T store was out of stock of the black 16gig, but still had a good variety of all tohers

my local AT&T store was out of stock of the black 16gig, but still had a good variety of all tohers

14 of 25 (590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:02:40 AM
(0)
Teacher
So True, I called and they said they had them, so I rushed to the store, there were about five people in line, but it went fast, of course everyone looked at me like I'm weired.
So True, I called and they said they had them, so I rushed to the store, there were about five people in line, but it went fast, of course everyone looked at me like I'm weired.

15 of 25 (584 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:07:02 AM
(0)
Professor
Awesome no lines is what I want to hear. Maybe the apple store on Sunday will have a white 16 GB For me in stock
Awesome no lines is what I want to hear. Maybe the apple store on Sunday will have a white 16 GB For me in stock
hello!!!

16 of 25 (573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:18:56 AM
(0)
Mentor
I meant to add that I had to go back in and replace the case I bought this morning because it was defective. The update I posted before was 3.5hrs after opening. Smiley Happy
I meant to add that I had to go back in and replace the case I bought this morning because it was defective. The update I posted before was 3.5hrs after opening. Smiley Happy

17 of 25 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:42:41 AM
(0)
Tutor
Not long lines in Logan Square as well. Said they had 300 units this morning and on about 50 were in line that went quickly.
Not long lines in Logan Square as well. Said they had 300 units this morning and on about 50 were in line that went quickly.

18 of 25 (497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 10:58:53 AM
(0)
Professor
UPS just delivered my order. Not even opening the box because it's not for me.

19 of 25 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 11:00:27 AM
(0)
Mentor

Max69 wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaaattttttt????

Max69 wrote:

whaaaaaaaaaaattttttt????

20 of 25 (461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 11:03:03 AM
(0)
Professor
Lol. Something wrong pcprincess?
Lol. Something wrong pcprincess?

21 of 25 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 11:55:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

Apparently UPS tried to deliver at 9:29am EDT this morning.  Of course, I'm at work and no one was home.  Fortunately I called UPS and they said they would call me this afternoon when it's available for pick-up this evening.  Either way, I'll get it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Apple's servers have been awful the last 2 days, so I don't think I need to be in any sort of hurry.  I've got an IP4, so the excitement just isn't there.

Apparently UPS tried to deliver at 9:29am EDT this morning.  Of course, I'm at work and no one was home.  Fortunately I called UPS and they said they would call me this afternoon when it's available for pick-up this evening.  Either way, I'll get it tonight or tomorrow morning.

Apple's servers have been awful the last 2 days, so I don't think I need to be in any sort of hurry.  I've got an IP4, so the excitement just isn't there.

22 of 25 (359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 12:08:48 PM
(0)
Mentor

Probaby doing the same thing I am...mine was sold ony Ebay the day I preordered for $670.  Let the haters begin.  Hey, I have 5 lines of ATT service and pay $120 a month, you better believe I'm going to take advantage of deals like this (profited $350 after overnight shipping and ebay fees)...I'm not bragging really, last year I did a lot better on the iPhone 4.  Then I take this money and apply it to "gently" used last years model...

I know there was a big fuss about this before on here about "profiteering makes us all pay more" but I don't believe that...as long as Apple and Att basically give you Iphones and early upgrades, you better believe I'm going to take advantage.

Probaby doing the same thing I am...mine was sold ony Ebay the day I preordered for $670.  Let the haters begin.  Hey, I have 5 lines of ATT service and pay $120 a month, you better believe I'm going to take advantage of deals like this (profited $350 after overnight shipping and ebay fees)...I'm not bragging really, last year I did a lot better on the iPhone 4.  Then I take this money and apply it to "gently" used last years model...

I know there was a big fuss about this before on here about "profiteering makes us all pay more" but I don't believe that...as long as Apple and Att basically give you Iphones and early upgrades, you better believe I'm going to take advantage.

23 of 25 (341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 12:35:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

^ I'll have a gently used IP4 on ebay here in about 48 hours....same user name.

^ I'll have a gently used IP4 on ebay here in about 48 hours....same user name.

24 of 25 (298 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2011 1:15:53 PM
(0)
Teacher
Got mine at about noon from UPS. White 32 gig. I must be one of the few people whose att.com preorder went through flawlessly. I didn't have one issue.
Got mine at about noon from UPS. White 32 gig. I must be one of the few people whose att.com preorder went through flawlessly. I didn't have one issue.

25 of 25 (255 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments