Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 14, 2011
5:10:31 PM
Got a question about adding a individual line to a current family plan.

We recently ordered a couple of phones to be added into our family plan. We started with 2 phones that we have had for a year, then I purchased the Samsung focus. Now this phone was added into our family plan with no problem as when I went online I can see it in my account as 3 phones. We decided to order another one to make it 4 phones, but the problem is that this one is on an individual plan and I am trying to figure out how to combine it with the family plan we have.

The phone was ordered online just as the other one was but overtime I try to add the newest one, the site will not let me do it. There is no doubt the phone is in my account, it just shows 3 phones on the family plan and this newer one on its own individual.

can anyone help? I should note that when I hit "convert to family plan" web site is saying there is no phones available for this.

We recently ordered a couple of phones to be added into our family plan. We started with 2 phones that we have had for a year, then I purchased the Samsung focus. Now this phone was added into our family plan with no problem as when I went online I can see it in my account as 3 phones. We decided to order another one to make it 4 phones, but the problem is that this one is on an individual plan and I am trying to figure out how to combine it with the family plan we have.

The phone was ordered online just as the other one was but overtime I try to add the newest one, the site will not let me do it. There is no doubt the phone is in my account, it just shows 3 phones on the family plan and this newer one on its own individual.

can anyone help? I should note that when I hit "convert to family plan" web site is saying there is no phones available for this.

Got a question about adding a individual line to a current family plan.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2011 6:11:25 PM
(0)
Guru

It could be you have a minutes plan that only  allows three phones on a plan.

If it is the 450 minute plan, then that is the case.

You would need to  change to the 700 minute plan to be able to have up to 5 phones on a single family plan.

It could be you have a minutes plan that only  allows three phones on a plan.

If it is the 450 minute plan, then that is the case.

You would need to  change to the 700 minute plan to be able to have up to 5 phones on a single family plan.

Re: Got a question about adding a individual line to a current family plan.

2 of 4 (441 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2011 6:35:22 PM
(0)
Tutor

I looked at my plans and here is what I got. The main plan that I am trying to combine the 4 phones to is 550 minutes on the family plan. The plan which has the phone in which I am trying to add to the family plan is 450 minutes. I am wanting to get rid of the 450 individual and move that phone to the 550 family minutes.

would I need to upgrade the minutes on the family plan?

I looked at my plans and here is what I got. The main plan that I am trying to combine the 4 phones to is 550 minutes on the family plan. The plan which has the phone in which I am trying to add to the family plan is 450 minutes. I am wanting to get rid of the 450 individual and move that phone to the 550 family minutes.

would I need to upgrade the minutes on the family plan?

3 of 4 (438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2011 5:38:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
The 550 minute family plan only allows 3 lines. If you want more that 3 lines on the family plan, you need to go to the 700 minute plan.. It has a 5 line limit.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
The 550 minute family plan only allows 3 lines. If you want more that 3 lines on the family plan, you need to go to the 700 minute plan.. It has a 5 line limit.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (424 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments