Got a question about adding a individual line to a current family plan.

Tutor

Got a question about adding a individual line to a current family plan.

We recently ordered a couple of phones to be added into our family plan. We started with 2 phones that we have had for a year, then I purchased the Samsung focus. Now this phone was added into our family plan with no problem as when I went online I can see it in my account as 3 phones. We decided to order another one to make it 4 phones, but the problem is that this one is on an individual plan and I am trying to figure out how to combine it with the family plan we have.

The phone was ordered online just as the other one was but overtime I try to add the newest one, the site will not let me do it. There is no doubt the phone is in my account, it just shows 3 phones on the family plan and this newer one on its own individual.

can anyone help? I should note that when I hit "convert to family plan" web site is saying there is no phones available for this.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Got a question about adding a individual line to a current family plan.

It could be you have a minutes plan that only  allows three phones on a plan.

If it is the 450 minute plan, then that is the case.

You would need to  change to the 700 minute plan to be able to have up to 5 phones on a single family plan.

Message 2 of 4
Tutor

I looked at my plans and here is what I got. The main plan that I am trying to combine the 4 phones to is 550 minutes on the family plan. The plan which has the phone in which I am trying to add to the family plan is 450 minutes. I am wanting to get rid of the 450 individual and move that phone to the 550 family minutes.

would I need to upgrade the minutes on the family plan?

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

The 550 minute family plan only allows 3 lines. If you want more that 3 lines on the family plan, you need to go to the 700 minute plan.. It has a 5 line limit.
This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support