Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 12, 2010
8:13:22 PM
View profile
Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.
Edited by vpkb on Oct 12, 2010 at 8:14:14 PM

After countless calls with tech support and customer service, I received a call explaining why I had trouble sending MMS.

My problem is due to the bandwidth restriction, 50k down/1.5mbps up.  "A software to increase the limit is being tested."

Wow, took them this long to call and tell me this?

After countless calls with tech support and customer service, I received a call explaining why I had trouble sending MMS.

My problem is due to the bandwidth restriction, 50k down/1.5mbps up.  "A software to increase the limit is being tested."

Wow, took them this long to call and tell me this?

Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

[ Edited ]
9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 8:25:58 PM
(0)
Guru
You're lucky. That's more confirmation than just about all of us have gotten about the various problems with the Microcell.
You're lucky. That's more confirmation than just about all of us have gotten about the various problems with the Microcell.

Re: Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

2 of 10 (2,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 7:16:19 PM
(0)
Scholar

This answer is, of course, complete BS.  It has nothing to do with bandwidth limits.  

This answer is, of course, complete BS.  It has nothing to do with bandwidth limits.  

Re: Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

3 of 10 (2,743 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 7:24:59 PM
(0)
Guru

I'm not so sure. If the uplink bandwidth limit makes it take so long to send an MMS that the device times out, that could easily explain why it doesn't work.

MMS works for me with my iPhone 4, but it takes forever and a day to get one out.

I'm not so sure. If the uplink bandwidth limit makes it take so long to send an MMS that the device times out, that could easily explain why it doesn't work.

MMS works for me with my iPhone 4, but it takes forever and a day to get one out.

4 of 10 (2,739 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2010 8:12:13 PM
(0)
Teacher

MMS will work after multiple attempts but I do believe it has a lot to do with the upload cap, causing the time outs.

MMS will work after multiple attempts but I do believe it has a lot to do with the upload cap, causing the time outs.

5 of 10 (2,729 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 26, 2010 1:00:46 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by mbze430 on Oct 26, 2010 at 1:08:13 PM

I have noticed that on my iphone 4, everytime I send out MMS.. it automatically switch over to a Macrocell instead of trying to send it out via the Microcell. 

Interestingly....

When recieving MMS... it never switches over to a Macrocell....

I have noticed that on my iphone 4, everytime I send out MMS.. it automatically switch over to a Macrocell instead of trying to send it out via the Microcell. 

Interestingly....

When recieving MMS... it never switches over to a Macrocell....

[ Edited ]
6 of 10 (2,432 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 3, 2010 9:41:04 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by vpkb on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:52:12 PM

Wow, weeks later and still the same crappy service.  Where is this new speed test that was {language filter violation} to me?  Sill unable to send MMS!  BS!

Wow, weeks later and still the same crappy service.  Where is this new speed test that was {language filter violation} to me?  Sill unable to send MMS!  BS!

[ Edited ]
7 of 10 (2,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 4, 2010 11:21:31 PM
(0)
Mentor

Funny.  Back in March 2010, my MMS worked just fine via Microcell.  So this bandwidth restriction is complete BS.  AT&T is running out of excuses, as far as I'm concerned.

Funny.  Back in March 2010, my MMS worked just fine via Microcell.  So this bandwidth restriction is complete BS.  AT&T is running out of excuses, as far as I'm concerned.

8 of 10 (2,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2010 8:54:11 AM
(0)
Teacher

Yeah, when I got mine, it worked perfectly at sending MMS messages on my 3GS, and would send them with my iPhone 4 when first got it, but soon after (late July) it went to crap.

Yeah, when I got mine, it worked perfectly at sending MMS messages on my 3GS, and would send them with my iPhone 4 when first got it, but soon after (late July) it went to crap.

9 of 10 (2,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2010 7:36:11 PM
(0)
Teacher

I spoke too soon, service is out again right now!  It strange that I kept getting these activation successful text/email when I never actually re-provisioned the unit.

I spoke too soon, service is out again right now!  It strange that I kept getting these activation successful text/email when I never actually re-provisioned the unit.

10 of 10 (2,019 Views)