Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

Mentor

Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

[ Edited ]

After countless calls with tech support and customer service, I received a call explaining why I had trouble sending MMS.

My problem is due to the bandwidth restriction, 50k down/1.5mbps up.  "A software to increase the limit is being tested."

Wow, took them this long to call and tell me this?

Message 1 of 10 (2,898 Views)
Guru

Re: Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

You're lucky. That's more confirmation than just about all of us have gotten about the various problems with the Microcell.
Message 2 of 10 (2,892 Views)

Re: Got a call, it's confirmed, i can't send MMS because of the bandwidth restriction.

This answer is, of course, complete BS.  It has nothing to do with bandwidth limits.  

Message 3 of 10 (2,762 Views)
Guru

I'm not so sure. If the uplink bandwidth limit makes it take so long to send an MMS that the device times out, that could easily explain why it doesn't work.

MMS works for me with my iPhone 4, but it takes forever and a day to get one out.

Message 4 of 10 (2,758 Views)
Mentor

MMS will work after multiple attempts but I do believe it has a lot to do with the upload cap, causing the time outs.

Message 5 of 10 (2,748 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

[ Edited ]

I have noticed that on my iphone 4, everytime I send out MMS.. it automatically switch over to a Macrocell instead of trying to send it out via the Microcell. 

Interestingly....

When recieving MMS... it never switches over to a Macrocell....

Message 6 of 10 (2,451 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Wow, weeks later and still the same crappy service.  Where is this new speed test that was {language filter violation} to me?  Sill unable to send MMS!  BS!

Message 7 of 10 (2,191 Views)
Mentor

Funny.  Back in March 2010, my MMS worked just fine via Microcell.  So this bandwidth restriction is complete BS.  AT&T is running out of excuses, as far as I'm concerned.

Message 8 of 10 (2,127 Views)
Teacher

Yeah, when I got mine, it worked perfectly at sending MMS messages on my 3GS, and would send them with my iPhone 4 when first got it, but soon after (late July) it went to crap.

Message 9 of 10 (2,093 Views)
Mentor

I spoke too soon, service is out again right now!  It strange that I kept getting these activation successful text/email when I never actually re-provisioned the unit.

Message 10 of 10 (2,038 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.