Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 13, 2011
9:20:15 AM
View profile
Got a REFUND??

i ordered my 4S on friday the 7th around 12 45pm (pacific), 258 was charged on my debit card(checked online statement), and then checked it this morning, and now my 258 has been credited back as if i wasnt charged at all! btw, since the 7th, my order status has been "pending" and says that im backordered...i dont know what this means. anyone else have any clue as to whats going on?

i ordered my 4S on friday the 7th around 12 45pm (pacific), 258 was charged on my debit card(checked online statement), and then checked it this morning, and now my 258 has been credited back as if i wasnt charged at all! btw, since the 7th, my order status has been "pending" and says that im backordered...i dont know what this means. anyone else have any clue as to whats going on?

Got a REFUND??

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:11:16 AM
(0)
Voyager

I'm kind of in the same boat, EXCEPT, my iphone has shipped and is going to be at my doorstep tomorrow via ups.  I checked my order via the ATT order status site this morning and it said that my 4s had shipped.  Checked UPS, and there it was, all my info was there, with the arrival date set for tomorrow, then this afternoon I got my daily text message from my debit card and BAM, it had been refunded.  First I thought my order had been canceled, so I came back to the UPS and ATT order status sites and they have NOT been canceled and its still on its way to me.

Now, I'm not complaining at all, but to be on the safe side, I came here to the forums to see if it had happened to anyone else, and it has.  Kind of makes me feel a little better, but I'm still curious... So, what's going on ATT?  Apple? Anyone?  Smiley Tongue

I'm kind of in the same boat, EXCEPT, my iphone has shipped and is going to be at my doorstep tomorrow via ups.  I checked my order via the ATT order status site this morning and it said that my 4s had shipped.  Checked UPS, and there it was, all my info was there, with the arrival date set for tomorrow, then this afternoon I got my daily text message from my debit card and BAM, it had been refunded.  First I thought my order had been canceled, so I came back to the UPS and ATT order status sites and they have NOT been canceled and its still on its way to me.

Now, I'm not complaining at all, but to be on the safe side, I came here to the forums to see if it had happened to anyone else, and it has.  Kind of makes me feel a little better, but I'm still curious... So, what's going on ATT?  Apple? Anyone?  Smiley Tongue

Re: Got a REFUND??

2 of 8 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:13:08 AM
(0)
Professor
Apple has nothing to do with this. ATT's order system seems to implode every iPhone release.
Apple has nothing to do with this. ATT's order system seems to implode every iPhone release.

3 of 8 (484 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:25:55 AM
(0)
Teacher

I ordered 2 on Friday as well in the store. One has shipped the other still states backorder. Both initially showed up on my bank account as pending. Now they are both gone. This is my first time ordering phones through AT&T and I'm not sure I'll do the whole Pre-order thing again. I'll wait and take my chances in the store!

I ordered 2 on Friday as well in the store. One has shipped the other still states backorder. Both initially showed up on my bank account as pending. Now they are both gone. This is my first time ordering phones through AT&T and I'm not sure I'll do the whole Pre-order thing again. I'll wait and take my chances in the store!

4 of 8 (456 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:35:39 AM
(0)
Scholar

wrekone wrote:

Are there two discrete transactions (i.e. a debit and a credit for the same amount), or has the hold simply disappeared?

When merchants authorize a transaction, it places a hold on your account for the amount of the transaction. That hold is replaced by the actual charge when that actual charge processes through.

Holds, however, do not last indefinitely. If the actual transaction doesn't come through before the hold's expiration time comes around, the hold just expires and the money becomes (temporarily) available again.

It doesn't necessarily mean that your order has been cancelled.

wrekone wrote:

Are there two discrete transactions (i.e. a debit and a credit for the same amount), or has the hold simply disappeared?

When merchants authorize a transaction, it places a hold on your account for the amount of the transaction. That hold is replaced by the actual charge when that actual charge processes through.

Holds, however, do not last indefinitely. If the actual transaction doesn't come through before the hold's expiration time comes around, the hold just expires and the money becomes (temporarily) available again.

It doesn't necessarily mean that your order has been cancelled.

5 of 8 (431 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:36:54 AM
(0)
Voyager

we order around 9:25am on the 7th Oct, and get  the same situation today.  Just call ATT and they have no idea what happen about the money transaction, but in their system, our order still in processing status.........#_#

we order around 9:25am on the 7th Oct, and get  the same situation today.  Just call ATT and they have no idea what happen about the money transaction, but in their system, our order still in processing status.........#_#

6 of 8 (426 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:51:04 AM
(0)
Tutor

There are currently no transactions with that amount from ATT being held on the card. But thanks for explaining that it expires because that gives me some hope that i have a chance to receive the phone tomorrow....and is it true that ordering the phone anytime on the 7th will better the chances of receiving the phone on the actual launch date?

There are currently no transactions with that amount from ATT being held on the card. But thanks for explaining that it expires because that gives me some hope that i have a chance to receive the phone tomorrow....and is it true that ordering the phone anytime on the 7th will better the chances of receiving the phone on the actual launch date?

7 of 8 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2011 10:54:56 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by dww0311 on Oct 13, 2011 at 10:56:56 AM

wrekone wrote:

Check your order status. You should have a tracking number by now, or by this evening at the latest, if you're going to get the phone(s) tomorrow. The AT&T phones being delivered tomorrow are already in transit with FedEx.

If you are an existing AT&T customer who upgraded to the 4S and you can't find your order, check here:

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

and search by the wireless number you upgraded.

That said, we have occasionally had folks in the past who never got a tracking number or updates, and their phones somehow showed up on launch day anyway, but that isn't the norm. Worst case, it will get there eventually.

wrekone wrote:

Check your order status. You should have a tracking number by now, or by this evening at the latest, if you're going to get the phone(s) tomorrow. The AT&T phones being delivered tomorrow are already in transit with FedEx.

If you are an existing AT&T customer who upgraded to the 4S and you can't find your order, check here:

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/

and search by the wireless number you upgraded.

That said, we have occasionally had folks in the past who never got a tracking number or updates, and their phones somehow showed up on launch day anyway, but that isn't the norm. Worst case, it will get there eventually.

[ Edited ]
8 of 8 (394 Views)