Wireless Forums

Posted Apr 22, 2012
7:38:03 PM
View profile
Got HTC One X for $149 :D
Edited by cb808 on Apr 22, 2012 at 7:38:43 PM

W00t! :smileyvery-happy:

I am upgrading from an Inspire so this is gonna be sweet.

FYI, some retailers have this for $149, so don't waste your money:

Amazon.com: Cell Phones & Accessories: HTC One X 4G Android Phone (AT&T)

W00t! :smileyvery-happy:

I am upgrading from an Inspire so this is gonna be sweet.

FYI, some retailers have this for $149, so don't waste your money:

Amazon.com: Cell Phones & Accessories: HTC One X 4G Android Phone (AT&T)

Got HTC One X for $149 :D

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 6:24:36 AM
(0)
Master

If you want to keep your unlimited data plan, you will have to think twice about it. AFAIK, none of these 3rd party retailers will be able to keep your grandfathered in data plans.

If you want to keep your unlimited data plan, you will have to think twice about it. AFAIK, none of these 3rd party retailers will be able to keep your grandfathered in data plans.

Re: Got HTC One X for $149 :D

2 of 8 (878 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 8:17:29 AM
(0)
Contributor

Congrats!  I wanna to upgrade to the same phone but I'm afraid of losing my unlimited data plan I've had for like 4 years now.  Do you know if I have to change data plans if I upgrade phones?

Congrats!  I wanna to upgrade to the same phone but I'm afraid of losing my unlimited data plan I've had for like 4 years now.  Do you know if I have to change data plans if I upgrade phones?

3 of 8 (862 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 8:37:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 23, 2012 at 8:40:23 AM

AlbertoB85 wrote:

Absolutely do not need to change plans (go to a teired plan and lose your unlimited data) if you upgrade your device.  AT&T does need to make a change on your account to enable LTE, but you will keep your unlimited data plan at the current monthly fee.  If Amazon can't do it, you may need to upgrade direct through AT&T. 

Even if you do it through AT&T, they may try to trick you into going to a tiered plan (or tell you they don't know how to keep you on a grandfathered plan).  If that is the case, ask for a manager, or just walk out and try somewhere else (or call again, if upgrading by phone).  DO NOT agree to purchase or upgrade anything, if they tell you that you cannot keep your unlimited plan.  Once you lose it, you can't get it back.  Some say you can change it back within 1-2 days, but you need to escalate it through the proper channels, and its not guaranteed.   So make sure they don't take the unlimited plan off your account to begin with.  Just stop the transaction, and try again with somebody that knows what they are doing.

AlbertoB85 wrote:

Absolutely do not need to change plans (go to a teired plan and lose your unlimited data) if you upgrade your device.  AT&T does need to make a change on your account to enable LTE, but you will keep your unlimited data plan at the current monthly fee.  If Amazon can't do it, you may need to upgrade direct through AT&T. 

Even if you do it through AT&T, they may try to trick you into going to a tiered plan (or tell you they don't know how to keep you on a grandfathered plan).  If that is the case, ask for a manager, or just walk out and try somewhere else (or call again, if upgrading by phone).  DO NOT agree to purchase or upgrade anything, if they tell you that you cannot keep your unlimited plan.  Once you lose it, you can't get it back.  Some say you can change it back within 1-2 days, but you need to escalate it through the proper channels, and its not guaranteed.   So make sure they don't take the unlimited plan off your account to begin with.  Just stop the transaction, and try again with somebody that knows what they are doing.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (857 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 11:47:44 AM
(0)
Contributor
Tried getting mine online but it wanted me to get a new data plan because I still have the unlimited one is there a way to get it without having to get new plan or do I have to go into the store?
Tried getting mine online but it wanted me to get a new data plan because I still have the unlimited one is there a way to get it without having to get new plan or do I have to go into the store?

5 of 8 (833 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 11:53:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 23, 2012 at 11:54:26 AM

Pablo26 wrote:

Haven't looked at it personally, but folks on XDA are saying that they are just confirming your data plan, and not adding a new one.  If you pick "add a data plan", you have the opportunity to scroll down and select the "Unlimited LTE" plan.

But if you are not completely comfortable that it won't get screwed up, upgrade over the phone or do it in-store.

Pablo26 wrote:

Haven't looked at it personally, but folks on XDA are saying that they are just confirming your data plan, and not adding a new one.  If you pick "add a data plan", you have the opportunity to scroll down and select the "Unlimited LTE" plan.

But if you are not completely comfortable that it won't get screwed up, upgrade over the phone or do it in-store.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (829 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2012 9:00:49 PM
(0)
Scholar

not really unlimited when they cap you at 2gb

7 of 8 (800 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2012 4:49:31 AM
(0)
Master

umcpgrad wrote:

That's old story. The new guide line published by AT&T is 3GB on non-LTE, 5GB on LTE. After that you will be throttled to 300 to 500 kbps which is still a decent speed.

umcpgrad wrote:

That's old story. The new guide line published by AT&T is 3GB on non-LTE, 5GB on LTE. After that you will be throttled to 300 to 500 kbps which is still a decent speed.

8 of 8 (793 Views)