Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 25, 2009
3:12:13 PM
Gophone upgrade?
Is it possible to get a gophone upgrade?  Like my friends are able to get new phones with a standard plan (not prepaid), but I was wondering if it was possible for people like me.  Everytime I try to see if i'm eligible it takes me to the gophone login screen.
Is it possible to get a gophone upgrade?  Like my friends are able to get new phones with a standard plan (not prepaid), but I was wondering if it was possible for people like me.  Everytime I try to see if i'm eligible it takes me to the gophone login screen.

Gophone upgrade?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2009 3:20:00 PM
(0)
Scholar

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can upgrade your phone.  You just have to pay full price for the new phone.   

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can upgrade your phone.  You just have to pay full price for the new phone.   

Re: Gophone upgrade?

2 of 3 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 25, 2009 4:05:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can't really upgrade for a significant equipment discount as happens with postpaid service - but as vtujfz says, you can just purchase another GoPhone for the stated price and use your existing SIM in the new phone.  The new "airtime credit" packages are also a way to effectively get a discount for a prepaid "upgrade" assuming you are a PayGo customer.  (The credit is not available for Pick Your Plan customers.)

Here is additional information - Airtime Credit

And here are all the available GoPhones - you can see which models are available with the airtime credit - GoPhones

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

You can't really upgrade for a significant equipment discount as happens with postpaid service - but as vtujfz says, you can just purchase another GoPhone for the stated price and use your existing SIM in the new phone.  The new "airtime credit" packages are also a way to effectively get a discount for a prepaid "upgrade" assuming you are a PayGo customer.  (The credit is not available for Pick Your Plan customers.)

Here is additional information - Airtime Credit

And here are all the available GoPhones - you can see which models are available with the airtime credit - GoPhones

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Gophone upgrade?

3 of 3 (284 Views)