Gophone upgrade?

Gophone upgrade?

Is it possible to get a gophone upgrade?  Like my friends are able to get new phones with a standard plan (not prepaid), but I was wondering if it was possible for people like me.  Everytime I try to see if i'm eligible it takes me to the gophone login screen.
Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Gophone upgrade?

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can upgrade your phone.  You just have to pay full price for the new phone.   

Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)
Master

Re: Gophone upgrade?

You can't really upgrade for a significant equipment discount as happens with postpaid service - but as vtujfz says, you can just purchase another GoPhone for the stated price and use your existing SIM in the new phone.  The new "airtime credit" packages are also a way to effectively get a discount for a prepaid "upgrade" assuming you are a PayGo customer.  (The credit is not available for Pick Your Plan customers.)

Here is additional information - Airtime Credit

And here are all the available GoPhones - you can see which models are available with the airtime credit - GoPhones

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 3 (297 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.