Helpful Links

Good Riddance AT&T Thank You Sprint!!!

Good Riddance AT&T Thank You Sprint!!!

I really don't care what anyone says to my post here...I ditched AT&T after ten years of loyal service and after dealing with the continual degredation of your network since you went from Cingular to AT&T in 2007 I say good bye and good riddance....

Your shoddy cell service is inexcusable...how many "It's your SIM card" excuses do you lay on customers before they wise up and realize your network is a sham and a fraud?

I will happily pay my ETF fee and move to Sprint..so far I'm happy with their network and cell service, and at least there I'm not paying some ridiculous price for a paltry number of minutes like you charge.

And don't worry, I won't let the door hit me in the behind on the way out because I shredded the door.

Sayonara suckers.

Message 1 of 24

Re: Good Riddance AT&T Thank You Sprint!!!

if it is money you want to save, you made the right choice... if it is service you were unhappy with, why in the [word filter evasion] did you choose sprint? the slowest and most unreliable of the big 3 services. either way if you are happy with the change that is all that matters.

Message 2 of 24
Scholar

Currently using AT&T with the iPhone4.

We are thinking of switching to Sprint next time we upgrade our iPhones.

Sprint plans are cheaper and they will unlock the SIM.

Message 3 of 24

Well, like i stated b4, if it is cheap you are looking for sprint is a good choice.

Message 4 of 24
Scholar

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

I really don't care what anyone says to my post here...I ditched AT&T after ten years of loyal service and after dealing with the continual degredation of your network since you went from Cingular to AT&T in 2007 I say good bye and good riddance....

Your shoddy cell service is inexcusable...how many "It's your SIM card" excuses do you lay on customers before they wise up and realize your network is a sham and a fraud?

I will happily pay my ETF fee and move to Sprint..so far I'm happy with their network and cell service, and at least there I'm not paying some ridiculous price for a paltry number of minutes like you charge.

And don't worry, I won't let the door hit me in the behind on the way out because I shredded the door.

Sayonara suckers.

Best of luck. I assure you that nobody here cares that you are leaving. We wish you the best with your new (slower) carrier and hope that you end up satisfied with your choice. Peace Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 24
Professor

Bye!! And to say I never had a problem AT&T cell service. Enjoy sprint
Message 6 of 24

My parents always had phones from Cellular One, Cingular, and now both known as AT&T. I saw my very 1st cellphone in a Bloomingdale's catalog which I thought was cool and futuristic looking being that it was a Limited Edition Mototola i95CL clear see-thru design. I did not have a choice in choosing the network as it was tied to Sprint.

I then wanted a phone to access the Internet and read email, and with talk of Blackberry at the time being so useful for those features, I was thinking of that purchase... but then the iPhone ads starting airing in June 2007 and I fell in love with the phone. It did what I was looking for and more.

I went to Apple's website, read about it, as well as, researched the iPhone thoroughly online before making the purchase. Given that my birthday was coming up the following month and that it was the year of 7-7-7, I thought it would be a great b-day present. I bought it 2 days after the debut, visited 2 Apple Stores as I wanted the top of the line version and didn't activate it until 7-7-7.

When I did buy the iPhone, I didn't buy it because it was a phone (as I still kept my i95CL and Sprint service), but it was more for being an iPod, Internet, email and all the other things you can use the phone for, minus the calls. I thought of it as a mini computer I could take with me.

Though there have been many upgrades and improvements each year with iPhone, I still have the original iPhone, as it's hard to part with for sentimental reasons. I've always liked the design of the iPhone4, a small phone version of the aluminum iMac, but never made the purchase. Then there were those antenna issues. Been thinking about the iPhone4S a lot and it's tempting... but I'm actually waiting for the iPhone 7 ;-)

One reason I may go ahead with the purchase of the iPhone4S is to me, it stands for iPhone4Steve. It was the last Apple product Steve Jobs worked on before his passing. Most especially since he passed away the day after the Apple Conference of the iPhone4S. So purchasing the iPhone4S is sentimental for that reason alone, especially for those, like myself, who love Apple products. It's something nice to remember him by. A dedication to him by Apple fans :-)

So for those of you who have the iPhone4S, it's not just for the introduction of Siri, but a phone for Steve Jobs. Some of you may be looking at your iPhone4S a little differently now...

As for choosing a network, which would I choose? Hmm... maybe I should try Verizon and see what that one is like.

I've never had problems or complaints with Sprint or AT&T, so I am good with both.

Message 7 of 24
Scholar

I hope Sprint isn't as horrible in your area as it is in mine. I think I would have opted for Verizon. Or 2 tin cans and a string. Good luck, though. I do hope they're better in your area.
Message 8 of 24
Former Community Manager

dww0311 wrote:

IPhone3GSOwner wrote:

Sayonara suckers.

Best of luck. I assure you that nobody here cares that you are leaving. We wish you the best with your new (slower) carrier and hope that you end up satisfied with your choice. Peace Smiley Happy

I care. Smiley Happy

@IPhone3GSOwner  - I'm sorry you've had so many issues with your service and that we were not able to meet your expectations.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 24
Scholar

Of course you care - you work for AT&T. Most of us don't, and therefore don't. If he wants to leave, well happy sailing and don't let the door hit him in the behind.

Message 10 of 24
Teacher

IPhone3GSOwner: Stand your ground. If you are happy with Sprint, just go with it. Ignore all the disgruntled noises here (where were they when you didn't get your pre-ordered AT&T iPhone 4S while the local store have abundant of them in stock and they refused to help you out?)

I am with the Sprint and it's day 3, so far I am happy with the service. I can't tell the difference in quality between it and AT&T. I can say it makes a different in my pocket book, Sprint plan is cheaper and I got bigger discount through my employer. FYI the AT&T store that refused to help me still have abundant iPhone 4S on stock till today! So I guess they rather lose their good paying customer.

I am technically AT&T and Sprint customer, I haven't ported my phone yet.

Message 11 of 24
Scholar

Good luck with the slow speeds and the shooty customer service and low shares (under $5). Didn't Sprint recently tick off its investors because it's burning through it's cash reserves? Ah, aideu and farwell my grand friend.

Message 12 of 24
Teacher

It is a battle of numbers. The bottom line is AT&T (or any other company for that matter) cares way more about making money than they do about any particular customer. Loyal or not, customers are replaceable. All they have to do is lower the cost of their plans or... get an exclusive device etc and they can drive business. EG: What if the iPhone 5, 6 or 7 was AT&T only? People would switch (not everyone, but a meaningful percentage. Including people who swore they would never go back).

As customers, you should treat AT&T or any other business the same way. Dont like it... Leave. Like it... Stay. Find a cheaper plan... Leave. etc. It's just business, there is literally no point in taking it personally. Nobody owes anyone anyone (unless you have a contract... then you owe them money Smiley Very Happy ).

Message 13 of 24
Mentor

Whats the big deal if its unlocked? Ive been with att since the 2g abd i love the iphones. I have 2 iphones and a cheap phone for mom and my bill is $168 a month.
Message 14 of 24
Tutor

i just left sprint about 35days ago, got a family plan with at&t 2 iphone 4. I love the fast service and only had one problem when ordering,but the customer service rep stayed on the phone with me for over 1 hour as we got transfered around and in the end said she was sorry for the long wait and shipped the phones over night delivery. the service is fast here,all i can say is good luck with sprint customer service.if you have a problem most of them will hang up on you.and the speeds there were very slow in my area.

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Announcements

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus is Here! Learn What’s New and How to Order

The Apple Watch Series 3 is Here! Learn how to have the freedom to go with just your watch!

The iPhone X (10) is on it's way!

Additional Support