GoPhone to iPhone 4s

Contributor

GoPhone to iPhone 4s

Hello, I currently have a gophone (prepaid) and I'd like to upgrade to the new iPhone 4s with a plan.  All I really want is to keep my existing number.  Can someone tell me what would be the easiest way to do this.

Message 1 of 4

Re: GoPhone to iPhone 4s

Hey!

I posted about this in another thread.

To sum it up, you can't transfer your AT&T GoPhone # to a new AT&T Smartphone ONLINE.

You have to do it in an AT&T store.

I have an AT&T GoPhone too, and I just pre-ordered an iPhone 4S through AT&T also.

I had to pick the "New Customer" option during the pre-order process in order to get it - it rejected my current GoPhone number as a transfer.

When you get your new iPhone, DON'T ACTIVATE IT YET!

Take your GoPhone and your new iPhone 4S to a local AT&T store and tell them you want to transfer your GoPhone # to your iPhone #. They'll take care of the phone # transfer there and they'll activate your new iPhone for you with your old phone #. 

If you ACTIVATE your iPhone yourself, you'll get stuck with a new Phone # and they can't change it after that.

That's what I was told when I called a local AT&T store in my area.

I was told that that's the only way to do that to keep your AT&T GoPhone #. You can't do it online. Has to be in a AT&T store. (An actual AT&T chain store, not a little satellite kiosk at a mall - they can't do it there. Has to be a a real AT&T store.)

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thank you for the info...

Message 3 of 4

ALSO:

Don't deactivate your GoPhone account either.

They'll do that when they do the # transfer.

Your GoPhone account has to be active at the time they do the transfer, or you'll lose that #.

Just bring both your active GoPhone and your UNACTIVATED iPhone down to the AT&T store and they'll take care of the phone # transfer for you.

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support