Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2011
4:15:27 PM
GoPhone tech support

As a GoPhone customer, can I seriously not get tech support via email or live chat? When I click on those links, I get tossed back to the wireless login page, which tosses me to the gophone login page, which puts me back in my account. If I go back to try to access email or live chat support again, I get thrown back into the login loop. Is there something I'm missing?

As a GoPhone customer, can I seriously not get tech support via email or live chat? When I click on those links, I get tossed back to the wireless login page, which tosses me to the gophone login page, which puts me back in my account. If I go back to try to access email or live chat support again, I get thrown back into the login loop. Is there something I'm missing?

GoPhone tech support

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 3:39:38 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by OnlytheShadowKnows on Oct 1, 2011 at 4:19:08 AM

cymbaline wrote:

As a GoPhone customer, can I seriously not get tech support via email or live chat?... Is there something I'm missing?

Hello Cymbaline,

GoPhone customers are "bottom feeders" apparently.  No tech support via email or live chat.  You got it, Cymbaline, and there is nothing you are missing.

The only means to contact a live human is their interactive voice response (IVR) system.  And the process to "escape" is "robotic" to say the least:

Contact customer service (1-800-331-0500 from a different phone or 611 on your GoPhone), state "more options" at the first menu prompt, then "customer service" at the following ones.  After a few, the IVR will give up and connect you with a live representative.

No kidding!  There seems to be a few minor variants of this -- I lose track.

Some do not seem to mind, and have this IVR "escape" process pat.  I have never done it myself, as I have never needed tech or plan support, and I always have selected to "do it yourself".

As you, I wish there would be a friendly chat system, and an email ticketing system as backup, but there is not.

cymbaline wrote:

As a GoPhone customer, can I seriously not get tech support via email or live chat?... Is there something I'm missing?

Hello Cymbaline,

GoPhone customers are "bottom feeders" apparently.  No tech support via email or live chat.  You got it, Cymbaline, and there is nothing you are missing.

The only means to contact a live human is their interactive voice response (IVR) system.  And the process to "escape" is "robotic" to say the least:

Contact customer service (1-800-331-0500 from a different phone or 611 on your GoPhone), state "more options" at the first menu prompt, then "customer service" at the following ones.  After a few, the IVR will give up and connect you with a live representative.

No kidding!  There seems to be a few minor variants of this -- I lose track.

Some do not seem to mind, and have this IVR "escape" process pat.  I have never done it myself, as I have never needed tech or plan support, and I always have selected to "do it yourself".

As you, I wish there would be a friendly chat system, and an email ticketing system as backup, but there is not.

Re: GoPhone tech support

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (1,983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 5:12:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

cymbaline wrote:

The same thing happened to me when I needed GoPhone support when my past phone's touch screen stopped working all of a sudden. I was never able to get actual support until I called customer service from a different phone, using the 1-800 number. I received some sort of help, but more from the Samsung lady than I did with the AT&T CSR...

Try calling the 800 number or 611 from your phone and see if customer service will be able to assist you.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

cymbaline wrote:

The same thing happened to me when I needed GoPhone support when my past phone's touch screen stopped working all of a sudden. I was never able to get actual support until I called customer service from a different phone, using the 1-800 number. I received some sort of help, but more from the Samsung lady than I did with the AT&T CSR...

Try calling the 800 number or 611 from your phone and see if customer service will be able to assist you.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (1,973 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 9:06:35 AM
(0)
Tutor

Before posting, I did actually call the 1-800 number, and got someone with a thick accent who, after explaining the issue I'm having trying to get the Facebook app to work, just wanted to go over my account with me and waste bunches of my minutes with her scripted crap that had nothing to do with my problem. I don't have a landline to call from, so I would much prefer to get help online, plus the added issue of trying to troubleshoot the phone while talking on it, lol.

By the way, if anyone feels like helping out with my problem, I have a post in the Nokia section of these forums. Smiley Happy

Thanks to you both for verifiying that there is no live chat or email support for me though. It's always nice to know what your options are, even if they are limited.

Before posting, I did actually call the 1-800 number, and got someone with a thick accent who, after explaining the issue I'm having trying to get the Facebook app to work, just wanted to go over my account with me and waste bunches of my minutes with her scripted crap that had nothing to do with my problem. I don't have a landline to call from, so I would much prefer to get help online, plus the added issue of trying to troubleshoot the phone while talking on it, lol.

By the way, if anyone feels like helping out with my problem, I have a post in the Nokia section of these forums. Smiley Happy

Thanks to you both for verifiying that there is no live chat or email support for me though. It's always nice to know what your options are, even if they are limited.

4 of 6 (1,961 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 11:03:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
You're welcome.

Perhaps we can help you with the Facebook app troubles?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You're welcome.

Perhaps we can help you with the Facebook app troubles?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (1,947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2011 12:40:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

That would awesome if you could help. To keep things on topic and all together though, would you please check out my thread below?

http://forums.att.com/t5/Nokia/Nokia-C3-and-Facebook-app/m-p/2886985

Thanks again!

That would awesome if you could help. To keep things on topic and all together though, would you please check out my thread below?

http://forums.att.com/t5/Nokia/Nokia-C3-and-Facebook-app/m-p/2886985

Thanks again!

6 of 6 (1,944 Views)