Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 22, 2011
12:32:16 AM
View profile
GoPhone registration

I am trying to register for gophone account, but the pull downs of States and City does not work.

I tried with Google Chrome, Firefox, and IE. I tried with another PC.

I removed cache and cookies as well, but they still don't work.

Please help me ASAP.

I am trying to register for gophone account, but the pull downs of States and City does not work.

Please help me ASAP.

GoPhone registration

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 4:46:08 AM
(0)
Scholar

tommydecember20 wrote:

Please help me ASAP.

Hello Tommy,

Very strange.  Not a clue.  But I am really interested on the actual solution of this problem.

I assume this is after you have had:

1. a 10-digit number assigned (for your ZIP code) and
  2. a SIM activated by receiving the temporary 4-digit PIN via SMS.

Just to fully understand, is there any difference between the area code of your 10-digit number during activation, and the city, state when filing your personal information under mygophone?

I am sure others will add their views to this.

tommydecember20 wrote:

Please help me ASAP.

Hello Tommy,

Very strange.  Not a clue.  But I am really interested on the actual solution of this problem.

I assume this is after you have had:

1. a 10-digit number assigned (for your ZIP code) and
  2. a SIM activated by receiving the temporary 4-digit PIN via SMS.

Just to fully understand, is there any difference between the area code of your 10-digit number during activation, and the city, state when filing your personal information under mygophone?

I am sure others will add their views to this.

Re: GoPhone registration

2 of 4 (622 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 22, 2011 10:33:43 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Sep 22, 2011 at 10:38:15 AM

In IE, go to View->Encoding->, then write down the Encoding that you presently have.

Then, change it to Unicode (UTF-8) and try it. If it does not work, set it back to what you had before the change.

If it works, you may still want to save your previous setting that you had written down just so that you can restore it if you need to.

In IE, go to View->Encoding->, then write down the Encoding that you presently have.

Then, change it to Unicode (UTF-8) and try it. If it does not work, set it back to what you had before the change.

If it works, you may still want to save your previous setting that you had written down just so that you can restore it if you need to.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (609 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2011 4:59:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

There seems to be a known problem with the on-line registrations that they are working to resolve - try setting the language to Spanish and see if that allows you to select the state and city.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

There seems to be a known problem with the on-line registrations that they are working to resolve - try setting the language to Spanish and see if that allows you to select the state and city.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (588 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments