Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 7, 2011
3:32:59 AM
View profile
GoPhone refill text message at 3am

For the past 2 months, my GoPhone refill text message has been sent at 3am.  If is exceedingly annoying to be woken at that time of the night!  Why does it do that and PLEASE change it!

For the past 2 months, my GoPhone refill text message has been sent at 3am.  If is exceedingly annoying to be woken at that time of the night!  Why does it do that and PLEASE change it!

GoPhone refill text message at 3am

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2011 5:09:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
That is an unusual time, isn't it? I would find it an inconveneience. I think mine are usually sent at around 11:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.

The times may just vary by time zone. I'm not sure if the time can be changed.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

That is an unusual time, isn't it? I would find it an inconveneience. I think mine are usually sent at around 11:00 A.M.-12:00 P.M.

The times may just vary by time zone. I'm not sure if the time can be changed.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone refill text message at 3am

2 of 6 (561 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2011 8:42:30 AM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Sep 8, 2011 at 8:44:37 AM

Think again about possibilities. I was wondering if it's possible to change the message ringtone to silence, based on the sender ID?

How about sending the at&t message to voicemail directly?

Think again about possibilities. I was wondering if it's possible to change the message ringtone to silence, based on the sender ID?

How about sending the at&t message to voicemail directly?

[ Edited ]
3 of 6 (552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2011 7:25:00 PM
(0)
Guru

I remember someone posting about a similar situation a couple of months back, not sure how or if they resolved their issue. But I imagine getting a text at that time must be annoying, I usually get my reminder around late morning early afternoon.

I remember someone posting about a similar situation a couple of months back, not sure how or if they resolved their issue. But I imagine getting a text at that time must be annoying, I usually get my reminder around late morning early afternoon.

4 of 6 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 5:01:20 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by hme83 on Sep 9, 2011 at 5:06:27 AM

This comes up fairly regularly, and the only thing I know to do if it's bothersome is to use a silent profile at night.  Nokia phones allow for you to set a silent profile yet allow calls from specified contacts to still ring through (using caller groups).

Or as suggested, change the message alert tone to "off" at night - you could set up a separate profile that allows all calls to ring through but you get no alert tone for messages, for ex.  And if your phone does allow for individualized message alert tones, you could try that - my Motorola phone does have that feature which is nice.  I'm not certain if that will work for the at&t account related messages since they are service messages, but it's certainly worth a shot.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

This comes up fairly regularly, and the only thing I know to do if it's bothersome is to use a silent profile at night.  Nokia phones allow for you to set a silent profile yet allow calls from specified contacts to still ring through (using caller groups).

Or as suggested, change the message alert tone to "off" at night - you could set up a separate profile that allows all calls to ring through but you get no alert tone for messages, for ex.  And if your phone does allow for individualized message alert tones, you could try that - my Motorola phone does have that feature which is nice.  I'm not certain if that will work for the at&t account related messages since they are service messages, but it's certainly worth a shot.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2011 3:33:22 AM
(0)
Explorer

I'm sorry, but the fact that this is immutable is truly inconsiderate just ignores the customer.

I want to be alerted to texts from family that may be important any time of the day or night.

To force me to choose is just wrong.

This is all software based and ATT could easily set up a time based message dispatch system based on settings in the user's profile.

The fact that they haven't and won't even change it at the customer support level does not show me that I am very important to ATT.

I'm sorry, but the fact that this is immutable is truly inconsiderate just ignores the customer.

I want to be alerted to texts from family that may be important any time of the day or night.

To force me to choose is just wrong.

This is all software based and ATT could easily set up a time based message dispatch system based on settings in the user's profile.

The fact that they haven't and won't even change it at the customer support level does not show me that I am very important to ATT.

6 of 6 (513 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments