Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 26, 2012
6:37:14 PM
View profile
GoPhone deactivated

I bought a GoPhone a few months ago intending to do the $50/month thing, then decided not to use it at the time (after turning it on and setting it up, but not adding money/minutes). Now that I am ready to use the phone it has been deactivated and I am not even able to call 611 or the customer service number. Not only that but I can't e-mail or chat live with anyone because it kept telling me my zipcode wasn't a zipcode, even though I've lived here for years and know that it is. We had our house phone disconnected after deciding to just to use the GoPhone instead. Any suggestions? 

I'm pretty furious that I can't even chat with someone or send an e-mail to get some help with this. To me, that is the sorriest customer service I've ever received anywhere. Not so sure I'll use this phone afterall. May end up buying another from someone not AT&T. 

I bought a GoPhone a few months ago intending to do the $50/month thing, then decided not to use it at the time (after turning it on and setting it up, but not adding money/minutes). Now that I am ready to use the phone it has been deactivated and I am not even able to call 611 or the customer service number. Not only that but I can't e-mail or chat live with anyone because it kept telling me my zipcode wasn't a zipcode, even though I've lived here for years and know that it is. We had our house phone disconnected after deciding to just to use the GoPhone instead. Any suggestions? 

I'm pretty furious that I can't even chat with someone or send an e-mail to get some help with this. To me, that is the sorriest customer service I've ever received anywhere. Not so sure I'll use this phone afterall. May end up buying another from someone not AT&T. 

GoPhone deactivated

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 6:49:24 PM
(0)
Professor

4kidspurejoy wrote:

Yes. Your SIM card was deactivated after 26 days without airtime. You will need a new SIM card. You can go to an AT&T store to get a new SIM card. Then you can activate your phone again. You will be assigned a new number.

4kidspurejoy wrote:

Yes. Your SIM card was deactivated after 26 days without airtime. You will need a new SIM card. You can go to an AT&T store to get a new SIM card. Then you can activate your phone again. You will be assigned a new number.

Re: GoPhone deactivated

2 of 4 (2,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 6:58:31 PM
(0)
Contributor
Wow! That's pretty ridiculous. But thank you very much for answering. I'd rather give my money to someone else who actually serves its customers well, and isn't nearly as complicated. Thank you again though. I appreciate your quick reply!
Wow! That's pretty ridiculous. But thank you very much for answering. I'd rather give my money to someone else who actually serves its customers well, and isn't nearly as complicated. Thank you again though. I appreciate your quick reply!

3 of 4 (2,200 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2012 8:20:43 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Jun 26, 2012 at 8:21:47 PM

4kidspurejoy wrote:

You're welcome.Smiley Happy

That was one down and two to go. Why not give AT&T another chance?

4kidspurejoy wrote:

You're welcome.Smiley Happy

That was one down and two to go. Why not give AT&T another chance?

[ Edited ]
4 of 4 (2,193 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments