GoPhone Simple Rate Plan - any access fee?

Contributor

GoPhone Simple Rate Plan - any access fee?

Is there a daily access fee for the GoPhone simple rate plan or is it a flat $.10/min for talk?

Message 1 of 6 (2,935 Views)

Re: GoPhone Simple Rate Plan - any access fee?

The simple rate plan is just $.10 per minute.  That's why it's the simple rate plan.

There are other options with a daily or monthly fee.  I believe there was a plan with both a daily fee and per-minute charges until recently, but it's not a current plan.  For more details on GoPhone plans, see here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (2,931 Views)
Master

Right. There's no daily access fee, just a plain and simple $.10 a minute. That's what I like about being on this plan.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 6 (2,922 Views)
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have some questions about the simple plan that maybe someone could answer.

Other than the 10 cents a minute charge, are there other taxes or fees taken out of my account balance?

What is the charge for text messages if I do not go with the $19.99 unlimited plan?

Are you charged for text messages from ATT,  for example account balance text after each call?

Thanks

Message 4 of 6 (2,602 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

gophone20111 wrote:

Other than the 10 cents a minute charge, are there other taxes or fees taken out of my account balance?

There are no other fees subtracted from your account balance other than when you use voice calls. It's just a flat ten cents per minute. No other charges would be included except if you were to access the data network/receive a text/multimedia message during the period of the call. It may show up separately when the automatic balance indicator pops up on your screen after the call has ended, but I do not know for sure, as that has never happened to me.

What is the charge for text messages if I do not go with the $19.99 unlimited plan?

The charge for text messages being either sent/received is a standard twenty cents per message. MMS messages are twenty-five cents per message, sent or received.

Are you charged for text messages from ATT,  for example account balance text after each call?

No. Automated messages sent out by AT&T are free and should not cost you anything to access. Sometimes or usually it says something like, "AT&T FREE MSG", thus indicating that it is indeed free of charge. Smiley Wink

Thanks

You're welcome.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 6 (2,591 Views)
Highlighted
Master

[ Edited ]

gophone20111 wrote:

Thanks

Depending on where you live, E911 fees may be assessed against your account balance on a monthly basis.  They were on mine through 2010, but as of 1/1/2011 my state changed to assessing them at the point of refill purchase.  Here is some further detail re: at&t's deductions for government imposed fees from GoPhone account balances.

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/gophoneE911.jsp

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 6 of 6 (2,572 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.