GoPhone Sim

Contributor

GoPhone Sim

Can I purchase an AT&T go phone sim onling, activate it, & then put it in any ATT phone? I have an HTC fortress & I was wondering if that would work?

Message 1 of 3
Master

Re: GoPhone Sim

Yes, that will work. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 3

Re: GoPhone Sim

serenaaayo wrote:

Can I purchase an AT&T go phone sim onling, activate it, & then put it in any ATT phone? I have an HTC fortress & I was wondering if that would work?

I will add one comment to hme83's.  File it under "to be tested", though.

The HTC Fortress (aka. HTC Touch Pro2???) is probably assumed by AT&T to be running the OEM WM6.x (and not Android).  If so, the HTC Fortress might not be assumed to be a smartphone, and you might get away with the $50-mon unlimited talk/text/data plan. [Obviously, if a data plan beyond simple texting has your interest.]

This because "smartphones" are classified by AT&T as "smart" only by their OEM OSes (one of:  Android, iOS, Blackberry and WM7).  WM6.x smartphones may not be considered "smartphones" for the purpose of the (pre-paid) data feature plan.

Try it, you may like it *grin*

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support