GoPhone Sim

Contributor

GoPhone Sim

Can I purchase an AT&T go phone sim onling, activate it, & then put it in any ATT phone? I have an HTC fortress & I was wondering if that would work?

Message 1 of 3 (510 Views)
Master

Re: GoPhone Sim

Yes, that will work. Smiley Happy

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 2 of 3 (504 Views)

Re: GoPhone Sim

[ Edited ]

serenaaayo wrote:

Can I purchase an AT&T go phone sim onling, activate it, & then put it in any ATT phone? I have an HTC fortress & I was wondering if that would work?

I will add one comment to hme83's.  File it under "to be tested", though.

The HTC Fortress (aka. HTC Touch Pro2???) is probably assumed by AT&T to be running the OEM WM6.x (and not Android).  If so, the HTC Fortress might not be assumed to be a smartphone, and you might get away with the $50-mon unlimited talk/text/data plan. [Obviously, if a data plan beyond simple texting has your interest.]

This because "smartphones" are classified by AT&T as "smart" only by their OEM OSes (one of:  Android, iOS, Blackberry and WM7).  WM6.x smartphones may not be considered "smartphones" for the purpose of the (pre-paid) data feature plan.

Try it, you may like it *grin*

Message 3 of 3 (495 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.