Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 5, 2011
6:41:52 PM
GoPhone Sim in Unlocked GSM Blackberry Curve 8320

I have an unlocked Blackberry Curve 8320 with GSM connection, how do I get my GoPhone sim card to work with it? I can't make calls or text or get on the web, and I have the $2 Unlimited plan and soon to have the $50/month plan.

It is because it says my sim pin2 is blocked and asks for a PUK2 code?

I have an unlocked Blackberry Curve 8320 with GSM connection, how do I get my GoPhone sim card to work with it? I can't make calls or text or get on the web, and I have the $2 Unlimited plan and soon to have the $50/month plan.

It is because it says my sim pin2 is blocked and asks for a PUK2 code?

GoPhone Sim in Unlocked GSM Blackberry Curve 8320

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2011 4:54:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

The SIM pin 2/PUK 2 issue may certainly be the problem.  I would call customer servcie (1-800-331-0500) - state "more options" at the first menu prompt, then "customer service" at subsequent prompts and the system will connect you with a live representative after a few menu selections.

The default SIM pin 2 is 2222, but if it's asking you for the PUK 2 code you are likely beyond the point where entering the correct SIM pin will help.  And I always thought the SIM pin 2 was only used for some specialized, advanced services that I don't believe at&t supports - but it could be interfering with your ability to use the SIM at all. 

If you have another compatible phone that you know the SIM has worked in previously, you could try the SIM in that phone to see if you have a problem using it there as well.  If so, then it likely is the SIM pin 2 error that is the issue.  But if you can use the SIM in another phone, I suspect your SIM may be locked to the original phone you were using it with.  In that case, you are still back to contacting customer service or visiting a store to obtain a new stock SIM provisioned with your existing account information/phone number/balance.  (A corporate store will likely provide it at no charge if you'll add funds to the account while you are in the store).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

The SIM pin 2/PUK 2 issue may certainly be the problem.  I would call customer servcie (1-800-331-0500) - state "more options" at the first menu prompt, then "customer service" at subsequent prompts and the system will connect you with a live representative after a few menu selections.

The default SIM pin 2 is 2222, but if it's asking you for the PUK 2 code you are likely beyond the point where entering the correct SIM pin will help.  And I always thought the SIM pin 2 was only used for some specialized, advanced services that I don't believe at&t supports - but it could be interfering with your ability to use the SIM at all. 

If you have another compatible phone that you know the SIM has worked in previously, you could try the SIM in that phone to see if you have a problem using it there as well.  If so, then it likely is the SIM pin 2 error that is the issue.  But if you can use the SIM in another phone, I suspect your SIM may be locked to the original phone you were using it with.  In that case, you are still back to contacting customer service or visiting a store to obtain a new stock SIM provisioned with your existing account information/phone number/balance.  (A corporate store will likely provide it at no charge if you'll add funds to the account while you are in the store).

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone Sim in Unlocked GSM Blackberry Curve 8320

2 of 4 (1,435 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 10:48:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

It works in the phone I bought it in, which is a basic prepaid flip phone.

3 of 4 (1,417 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2011 11:48:10 AM
(0)
Scholar

TheRPGLPer wrote:

If it came with a phone, then it's probably locked to that phone. Call customer service (611) and ask them (courteously and politely) to unlock the SIM as you need to use it with a phone you already own. That's what happened with my LG Thrive (wanted to be able to switch between the LG Quantum and Thrive). The CSR I talked to was very polite and helpful and the issue took less than 10 minutes to solve.

TheRPGLPer wrote:

If it came with a phone, then it's probably locked to that phone. Call customer service (611) and ask them (courteously and politely) to unlock the SIM as you need to use it with a phone you already own. That's what happened with my LG Thrive (wanted to be able to switch between the LG Quantum and Thrive). The CSR I talked to was very polite and helpful and the issue took less than 10 minutes to solve.

4 of 4 (1,412 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments