Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 12, 2012
10:52:04 AM
View profile
GoPhone® Plans - do I need to buy a phone too?

Hi,

I already have a simlock free phone - I would like to have one of the GoPhone® Plans plans but I am not sure, if I need to buy a new phone then?

Adirana77

Hi,

I already have a simlock free phone - I would like to have one of the GoPhone® Plans plans but I am not sure, if I need to buy a new phone then?

Adirana77

GoPhone® Plans - do I need to buy a phone too?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2012 1:46:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
You do not need a new phone to use a GoPhone plan. Do you already have an AT&T prepaid SIM card?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You do not need a new phone to use a GoPhone plan. Do you already have an AT&T prepaid SIM card?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone® Plans - do I need to buy a phone too?

2 of 6 (1,500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2012 2:07:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

No, I will come for half a year to the USA - so i have an simlock free iphone which is working propperly in Europe, Australia and also America Smiley Happy

Adirana77

No, I will come for half a year to the USA - so i have an simlock free iphone which is working propperly in Europe, Australia and also America Smiley Happy

Adirana77

3 of 6 (1,497 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 13, 2012 4:23:50 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Really? How did you manage to do that?

What generation iPhone do you have? I have a locked 3GS. Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Really? How did you manage to do that?

What generation iPhone do you have? I have a locked 3GS. Smiley Very Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (1,492 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2012 5:56:11 AM
(0)
Scholar
In other countries, it's been possible to buy factory unlocked iPhones for a long time. In the US, unlocked iPhones have been available since the release of the iPhone 4. I believe you can easily change APN settings on unlocked iPhones so getting those to work on AT&T prepaid should be easier than with AT&T locked iPhones.
In other countries, it's been possible to buy factory unlocked iPhones for a long time. In the US, unlocked iPhones have been available since the release of the iPhone 4. I believe you can easily change APN settings on unlocked iPhones so getting those to work on AT&T prepaid should be easier than with AT&T locked iPhones.

5 of 6 (1,473 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2012 8:44:07 AM
(0)
Scholar

If you are buying online, you have to buy a phone. If you go to an AT&T store, you can buy just the SIM card and airtime. Some stores won't even charge you for the SIM if you activate it and buy airtime from them on the spot.

If you are buying online, you have to buy a phone. If you go to an AT&T store, you can buy just the SIM card and airtime. Some stores won't even charge you for the SIM if you activate it and buy airtime from them on the spot.

6 of 6 (1,467 Views)