Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Nov 9, 2011
5:48:17 PM
GoPhone Expiration date

I currently have $0.03 in my gophone account that expires on 12/01/11. I just recently bought a $25 refill card that lasts 90 days. I know that minutes roll over to the new date, but does expiration date roll over as well? If I refilled the card today, 11/09/11, then what day will the new balance of $25.03 expire on? On 12/01/11, 3 months today--2/09/11, or 3 months from 12/01/11--3/01/11?

Thanks for helping!

I currently have $0.03 in my gophone account that expires on 12/01/11. I just recently bought a $25 refill card that lasts 90 days. I know that minutes roll over to the new date, but does expiration date roll over as well? If I refilled the card today, 11/09/11, then what day will the new balance of $25.03 expire on? On 12/01/11, 3 months today--2/09/11, or 3 months from 12/01/11--3/01/11?

Thanks for helping!

GoPhone Expiration date

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2011 5:55:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Account expiration date does roll over every time you add money to your account. If you refilled with $25 today, that would push your account expiration date to February 9th 2012. The $25.03 would expire, then.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Account expiration date does roll over every time you add money to your account. If you refilled with $25 today, that would push your account expiration date to February 9th 2012. The $25.03 would expire, then.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone Expiration date

2 of 6 (3,014 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 8:04:36 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just to note - the new expiration date would not actually be 2/9/2012 - the $25 refill is truly for 90 days, not 3 calendar months.  Since both December and January are 31 day months, the new expiration date should be 2/6/2012 if the OP added the refill on November 9th.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

Just to note - the new expiration date would not actually be 2/9/2012 - the $25 refill is truly for 90 days, not 3 calendar months.  Since both December and January are 31 day months, the new expiration date should be 2/6/2012 if the OP added the refill on November 9th.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (2,963 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 3:49:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I can see where I went wrong there... Thank you for the correction, hme83. Smiley Happy

I can see where I went wrong there... Thank you for the correction, hme83. Smiley Happy

4 of 6 (2,950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 4:02:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Wild Banchi wrote:

Unfortunately I've been bit previously by the calendar month "mentality" - I knew it was a 90 day period, but it's easy to slip into thinking of it in terms of even calendar months. 

And as an aside - I added a 90 day refill today, and the system said my expiry is Feb. 13th, so I was one day off in my thinking - and I'm not sure why.  lol.  My feature package renewals that I made today were as expected - new expiry date of Dec. 14th.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Wild Banchi wrote:

Unfortunately I've been bit previously by the calendar month "mentality" - I knew it was a 90 day period, but it's easy to slip into thinking of it in terms of even calendar months. 

And as an aside - I added a 90 day refill today, and the system said my expiry is Feb. 13th, so I was one day off in my thinking - and I'm not sure why.  lol.  My feature package renewals that I made today were as expected - new expiry date of Dec. 14th.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

5 of 6 (2,947 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 15, 2011 4:07:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
As long as you're aware of the dates that each service expires, that's all that would matter to me. Smiley Very Happy

As long as you're aware of the dates that each service expires, that's all that would matter to me. Smiley Very Happy

6 of 6 (2,945 Views)