Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 15, 2011
1:47:13 PM
View profile
GoPhone Auto Refill Credit???

Signed up for auto-refill on my GoPhone several months ago TO GET THE PROMOTIONAL CREDIT added to my balance (I think it was $5, but it's been so long I can't remember the amount)...STILL have not received any credit!!!  I even CALLED and spoke to someone in person at AT&T a month or two ago about it and they gave some lame excuse but said it should happen soon, blah, blah....well, it hasn't happened yet as of August 15.  I think I signed up for auto-refill in MAY!!!  The ONLY reason I signed up for auto-refill was to get the credit. DON'T MAKE SUCH "PROMOTIONAL" OFFERS IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HONOR THEM!!!!

Signed up for auto-refill on my GoPhone several months ago TO GET THE PROMOTIONAL CREDIT added to my balance (I think it was $5, but it's been so long I can't remember the amount)...STILL have not received any credit!!!  I even CALLED and spoke to someone in person at AT&T a month or two ago about it and they gave some lame excuse but said it should happen soon, blah, blah....well, it hasn't happened yet as of August 15.  I think I signed up for auto-refill in MAY!!!  The ONLY reason I signed up for auto-refill was to get the credit. DON'T MAKE SUCH "PROMOTIONAL" OFFERS IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO HONOR THEM!!!!

GoPhone Auto Refill Credit???

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 4:46:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would call back and calmly visit with at&t customer service about the issue again.  If the front line CSR doesn't provide an adequate response then ask to visit with a supervisor. 

I'm not familiar with the promotion, but unless there was a time requirement for maintaining the auto-refill status, then three months does seem like a long time to receive the promotional credit.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

I would call back and calmly visit with at&t customer service about the issue again.  If the front line CSR doesn't provide an adequate response then ask to visit with a supervisor. 

I'm not familiar with the promotion, but unless there was a time requirement for maintaining the auto-refill status, then three months does seem like a long time to receive the promotional credit.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone Auto Refill Credit???

2 of 10 (1,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 8:02:32 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 16, 2011 at 8:08:33 PM

With promotional items, I have learned to carefully read through every word on the terms and conditions. One condition of use that I see frequently, is not using a promotional code on a promotional sale item.

In my experience, when a code fails, a likely cause is user error, like not checking expiration date, and terms and conditions.

With promotional items, I have learned to carefully read through every word on the terms and conditions. One condition of use that I see frequently, is not using a promotional code on a promotional sale item.

In my experience, when a code fails, a likely cause is user error, like not checking expiration date, and terms and conditions.

[ Edited ]
3 of 10 (1,712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2011 9:01:19 PM
(0)
Guru

If I'm not mistaken I think forum member hme83 had an issue with auto refill, not sure if it was a promotional thing though. I'm sure they could shed some light on this matter, as usualSmiley Wink

If I'm not mistaken I think forum member hme83 had an issue with auto refill, not sure if it was a promotional thing though. I'm sure they could shed some light on this matter, as usualSmiley Wink

4 of 10 (1,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2011 4:52:52 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Razr8 wrote:

Nope - I have no experience with auto-refill.  When I'm actually turning loose of my money, I prefer to be fully in charge of the decision. Smiley Wink

I've used auto-renewal for the feature packages in the past (that's just an allocation of dollars I've already given to at&t anyway); but I'm no longer even using that due to a failure with at&t's system that I experienced last fall.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

Razr8 wrote:

Nope - I have no experience with auto-refill.  When I'm actually turning loose of my money, I prefer to be fully in charge of the decision. Smiley Wink

I've used auto-renewal for the feature packages in the past (that's just an allocation of dollars I've already given to at&t anyway); but I'm no longer even using that due to a failure with at&t's system that I experienced last fall.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 10 (1,694 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 18, 2011 5:28:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

I just refilled my account and saw the promotional blurb for auto-refill for the first time.  It is a $5 credit, but you only receive it after signing up for auto-refill and after two successful auto-refill transactions have occurred.  So a minimum of 60 days after signing up, and if you are using a longer refill period than one month, it would be even longer.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

I just refilled my account and saw the promotional blurb for auto-refill for the first time.  It is a $5 credit, but you only receive it after signing up for auto-refill and after two successful auto-refill transactions have occurred.  So a minimum of 60 days after signing up, and if you are using a longer refill period than one month, it would be even longer.

=^..^=

- Doug Larson

6 of 10 (1,675 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 12:44:03 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Dan101 on Aug 20, 2011 at 12:45:42 PM

Thanks for all your responses!  Yes, that's it...a $5 credit after two months of auto-refill.  I checked my account history and I actually signed up for auto-refill in APRIL!!!   Have been getting monthly auto-refills ever since, but still no credit.  I don't get it. Forgive the pun, but shouldn't it just be AUTOmatic?  A computer program adjustment/credit?  Why must I call and speak to a person about it?  AGAIN!  It's not worth all the time and aggravation for five bucks. I just think it sucks that they entice you with the offer and then you are supposed to forget about it...and apparently they do too!

Thanks for all your responses!  Yes, that's it...a $5 credit after two months of auto-refill.  I checked my account history and I actually signed up for auto-refill in APRIL!!!   Have been getting monthly auto-refills ever since, but still no credit.  I don't get it. Forgive the pun, but shouldn't it just be AUTOmatic?  A computer program adjustment/credit?  Why must I call and speak to a person about it?  AGAIN!  It's not worth all the time and aggravation for five bucks. I just think it sucks that they entice you with the offer and then you are supposed to forget about it...and apparently they do too!

[ Edited ]
7 of 10 (1,662 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2011 2:24:36 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Aug 20, 2011 at 2:25:04 PM

Dan101 wrote:

If you still have the promo code, you may be able to re-enter the code.

Dan101 wrote:

If you still have the promo code, you may be able to re-enter the code.

[ Edited ]
8 of 10 (1,651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 3:15:40 PM
(0)
Tutor
i have the same issue now. I haven't got my 5$ credit yet but it is supposed to be .Did you figure it out yet?
i have the same issue now. I haven't got my 5$ credit yet but it is supposed to be .Did you figure it out yet?

9 of 10 (1,465 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2011 3:40:12 PM
(0)
Professor
If you have had 2 auto-refills, you will get the credit.
If you have had 2 auto-refills, you will get the credit.

10 of 10 (1,463 Views)