Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 15, 2011
12:23:03 PM
GoPhone $50 Unlimited Plan Questions

Does anybody know how it all works? How do I pay for it monthly? Like do I add $50 to my account and then it automatically takes the money from the account or what? I have the $1 mobile to mobile plan currently so this is confusing to me.

Thank you soooo much.

Does anybody know how it all works? How do I pay for it monthly? Like do I add $50 to my account and then it automatically takes the money from the account or what? I have the $1 mobile to mobile plan currently so this is confusing to me.

Thank you soooo much.

GoPhone $50 Unlimited Plan Questions

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 12:50:48 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Rayzor885 wrote:

Thank you soooo much.

I may not know the most about the $50 Unlimited plan as I am using the $0.10 a minute plan, but I have a general understanding, I think.

You can pay for the plan by adding $50 or however much money you'd like to your account, and then either manually select the $50 Unlimited plan for the month, or you can set up auto renewal. Auto renewal will automatically deduct $50 from your account every month when the existing $50 Unlimited plan expires, so long as there is a sum of at least $50 in your account. I typically do not trust or use auto renewal, but that's up to you.

Once you subscribe to the plan, $50 will be deducted from your account. In return, you get unlimited talk, text, and data for the month. If you are wanting to use a smartphone, you will have to add a separate data package.

I hope this sums it up as easy as possible. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Rayzor885 wrote:

Thank you soooo much.

I may not know the most about the $50 Unlimited plan as I am using the $0.10 a minute plan, but I have a general understanding, I think.

You can pay for the plan by adding $50 or however much money you'd like to your account, and then either manually select the $50 Unlimited plan for the month, or you can set up auto renewal. Auto renewal will automatically deduct $50 from your account every month when the existing $50 Unlimited plan expires, so long as there is a sum of at least $50 in your account. I typically do not trust or use auto renewal, but that's up to you.

Once you subscribe to the plan, $50 will be deducted from your account. In return, you get unlimited talk, text, and data for the month. If you are wanting to use a smartphone, you will have to add a separate data package.

I hope this sums it up as easy as possible. Smiley Happy

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: GoPhone $50 Unlimited Plan Questions

2 of 11 (1,232 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 1:03:03 PM
(0)
Tutor

thank you so much. i have the htc inspire 4g and it wouldnt work with prepaid data but then i manually put in an apn and it works fine now so do you think the internet would possibly work?

thank you so much. i have the htc inspire 4g and it wouldnt work with prepaid data but then i manually put in an apn and it works fine now so do you think the internet would possibly work?

3 of 11 (1,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 1:06:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Yes, I think you would not have any trouble using the Internet on your phone if you're certain that it works. You will just need to subscribe to a separate data plan in order to use prepaid data.

Yes, I think you would not have any trouble using the Internet on your phone if you're certain that it works. You will just need to subscribe to a separate data plan in order to use prepaid data.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 1:16:44 PM
(0)
Tutor

no but i mean like if you only bought the $50 plan and u have a smartphone, technically, couldn't the internet still work if you just manually put in an apn?

no but i mean like if you only bought the $50 plan and u have a smartphone, technically, couldn't the internet still work if you just manually put in an apn?

5 of 11 (1,223 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 1:26:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Oh, now I see what you mean. I wouldn't guarantee that it would work without a separate data plan, but it's worth a try. You could definitely give it a shot, if it's one way to avoid paying for a data plan.

Oh, now I see what you mean. I wouldn't guarantee that it would work without a separate data plan, but it's worth a try. You could definitely give it a shot, if it's one way to avoid paying for a data plan.

6 of 11 (1,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 1:29:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

i think i am going to try it because like you said, it's worth a shot. thank you again for all this. 

i think i am going to try it because like you said, it's worth a shot. thank you again for all this. 

7 of 11 (1,208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 1:51:48 PM
(0)
Guru

I also have the $50 unlimited plan and am very pleased with it. Wild Banchi is right in his summary of the plan, and I also agree in that I don't have much faith in auto renewal I prefer to refill manually. I also keep a little extra in my account to cover the monthly 911 fee and in case I want to download ringtones and or wallpapers from AT&T's store. FYI, I once spoke to an AT&T rep and out of curiosity I asked if the Atrix 4G would work on a prepaid plan and I was told no it wouldn't, I can't recall but I think it had to do with the Atrix being a 4G device. You yourself may want to call a service rep and see what they tell you as different agents may have different information.

I also have the $50 unlimited plan and am very pleased with it. Wild Banchi is right in his summary of the plan, and I also agree in that I don't have much faith in auto renewal I prefer to refill manually. I also keep a little extra in my account to cover the monthly 911 fee and in case I want to download ringtones and or wallpapers from AT&T's store. FYI, I once spoke to an AT&T rep and out of curiosity I asked if the Atrix 4G would work on a prepaid plan and I was told no it wouldn't, I can't recall but I think it had to do with the Atrix being a 4G device. You yourself may want to call a service rep and see what they tell you as different agents may have different information.

8 of 11 (1,203 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 2:57:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Rayzor885 wrote:

Great idea. I think it'll be worth it.

You're welcome.

Rayzor885 wrote:

Great idea. I think it'll be worth it.

You're welcome.

9 of 11 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 3:04:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Razr8 wrote:

Great minds think alike. Smiley Happy

The Atrix "4G", Inspire "4G", and Infuse "4G" can all be used as a prepaid GoPhone, no matter if they claim to be "4G" compatible. You will likely not be experiencing those speeds anyway with a GoPhone. The only phone that is not officially "authorized" for use on GoPhone plans is the iPhone, but you very well can use them if you like.

Razr8 wrote:

Great minds think alike. Smiley Happy

The Atrix "4G", Inspire "4G", and Infuse "4G" can all be used as a prepaid GoPhone, no matter if they claim to be "4G" compatible. You will likely not be experiencing those speeds anyway with a GoPhone. The only phone that is not officially "authorized" for use on GoPhone plans is the iPhone, but you very well can use them if you like.

10 of 11 (1,191 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 9:21:44 PM
(0)
Guru

Good point, if you supposedly can't use an iPhone on Go Phone but still can get around that then what's to keep you from using a 4G device. I'll probably try AT&T again and see what they tell me this time.

Good point, if you supposedly can't use an iPhone on Go Phone but still can get around that then what's to keep you from using a 4G device. I'll probably try AT&T again and see what they tell me this time.

11 of 11 (1,005 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments