Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 25, 2011
7:08:42 AM
View profile
Go prepaid line not working on my unlocked blackberry after paying for data

I am really frustrated and unhappy.

I purchased from bestbuy a go prepaid Samsung phone and sim AFTER I had clarified from the sales person that I could pay for data and place the sim in an unlocked blackberry phone to use the blackberry service!

Now my sim is in the blackberry phone and all I get is invalid sim! I ve already paid $25 for a monthly data plan

I followed the thread to enter in the APN...And all that but then again I need to have the sim validated on my blackberry before I can use it!

I have spent almost $70 on this whole enterprise and have achieved nothing!

Does anyone there please have a solution-that works?

Before I finally write-off this network?

I am really frustrated and unhappy.

I purchased from bestbuy a go prepaid Samsung phone and sim AFTER I had clarified from the sales person that I could pay for data and place the sim in an unlocked blackberry phone to use the blackberry service!

Now my sim is in the blackberry phone and all I get is invalid sim! I ve already paid $25 for a monthly data plan

I followed the thread to enter in the APN...And all that but then again I need to have the sim validated on my blackberry before I can use it!

I have spent almost $70 on this whole enterprise and have achieved nothing!

Does anyone there please have a solution-that works?

Before I finally write-off this network?

Go prepaid line not working on my unlocked blackberry after paying for data

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 9:38:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
The reason why you are getting the 'Invalid SIM' error is because your SIM card is temporarily locked to the Samsung phone for which it was activated to. It's not very difficult to "unlock" the SIM so that you can use it in your BlackBerry.

You will need to call customer service to do this. The number is 1-800-331-0500.

Good luck!

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

The reason why you are getting the 'Invalid SIM' error is because your SIM card is temporarily locked to the Samsung phone for which it was activated to. It's not very difficult to "unlock" the SIM so that you can use it in your BlackBerry.

You will need to call customer service to do this. The number is 1-800-331-0500.

Good luck!

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Go prepaid line not working on my unlocked blackberry after paying for data

2 of 4 (406 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 25, 2011 3:20:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have had a problem similar to this. I had another thread about taking a SIM from the cheap $5 Samsung phone from Best Buy and putting it on an HP Veer 4G. 

As Wild Banchi said, you can activate that SIM with ANY phone, but whatever phone you activate it to, the SIM Card is locked to that particular phone to a period of time for up to 6 months.

I had a few regular SIM Cards laying around and I simply called Customer Care and had them switch my account to a new SIM Card right over the phone by simply giving them the IMEI Number.

Hope this helps.

I have had a problem similar to this. I had another thread about taking a SIM from the cheap $5 Samsung phone from Best Buy and putting it on an HP Veer 4G. 

As Wild Banchi said, you can activate that SIM with ANY phone, but whatever phone you activate it to, the SIM Card is locked to that particular phone to a period of time for up to 6 months.

I had a few regular SIM Cards laying around and I simply called Customer Care and had them switch my account to a new SIM Card right over the phone by simply giving them the IMEI Number.

Hope this helps.

3 of 4 (398 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 28, 2011 6:33:32 AM
(0)
Tutor

I had the same issue but calling the 1800-901-9878 number and going to more options - customer service got me to a person who kindly unlocked my sim.  it then worked in my htc. prior to calling to have it unlocked my htc did not recognize it.

I had the same issue but calling the 1800-901-9878 number and going to more options - customer service got me to a person who kindly unlocked my sim.  it then worked in my htc. prior to calling to have it unlocked my htc did not recognize it.

4 of 4 (369 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments