Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Dec 12, 2011
8:43:47 PM
View profile
Go phones and smart phones

If I get a smart phone for Xmas , can I bring my current phone(LG CU500), and the new phone ( which is compatable on the AT&T network) into my friendly service center and have it switched over  and hooked up? I only want to use the new phone for calling, i.e.:  no texting and no data.

If I get a smart phone for Xmas , can I bring my current phone(LG CU500), and the new phone ( which is compatable on the AT&T network) into my friendly service center and have it switched over  and hooked up? I only want to use the new phone for calling, i.e.:  no texting and no data.

Go phones and smart phones

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 13, 2011 9:55:57 PM
(0)
Professor

rickeee wrote:

Which smartphone? Assuming it's not an iPhone 4(s), you can just move the SIM card to the new smartphone. If you'd rather have an AT&T person perform the transfer, you can have them do it too.

rickeee wrote:

Which smartphone? Assuming it's not an iPhone 4(s), you can just move the SIM card to the new smartphone. If you'd rather have an AT&T person perform the transfer, you can have them do it too.

Re: Go phones and smart phones

2 of 6 (646 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 14, 2011 7:39:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:

This. No need to go to an AT&T store. You can just swap the SIM card yourself. This is the primary reason I prefer GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc) over CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, etc).

ilikewireless wrote:

This. No need to go to an AT&T store. You can just swap the SIM card yourself. This is the primary reason I prefer GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile, etc) over CDMA (Verizon, Sprint, etc).

3 of 6 (637 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 4:41:13 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Assuming you're not currently on a post paid plan wanting to convert to prepaid once you have your new smartphone, swapping the SIM card is all that you need to do. Incredibly simple, right?

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Assuming you're not currently on a post paid plan wanting to convert to prepaid once you have your new smartphone, swapping the SIM card is all that you need to do. Incredibly simple, right?

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 7:59:22 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Dec 15, 2011 at 8:01:05 PM

Right guys. I was trying to cover all bases. I was thinking that certain people would not do something as simple as swapping a SIM card. That simple question by the OP clued me into thinking about that question behind the question.

Right guys. I was trying to cover all bases. I was thinking that certain people would not do something as simple as swapping a SIM card. That simple question by the OP clued me into thinking about that question behind the question.

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2011 8:29:15 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for your solution to my sim card question, and the tip on GMS networks .  Smiley Happy

Thanks for your solution to my sim card question, and the tip on GMS networks .  Smiley Happy

6 of 6 (541 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments