Go Phone iPhone 4s

Go Phone iPhone 4s

so i got the iphone 4s, and i activated it and made it prepaid. i have the 50 dollar unlimited plan, and i changed my apn so i can get the data working. problem is now i cant get picture messages. and when i remove the apn settings i get the picture messages. I had the iphone 4, and i also had it prepaid and i had the same exact apn settings, and i didnt have this problem.. what should i do

Message 1 of 6 (2,828 Views)
Master

Re: Go Phone iPhone 4s

Not really sure what you should do. Unless you can find a way to make both prepaid data and MMS messaging collaborate, you will need to make a decision which is more important to you - having MMS capabilities or the ability to have mobile 3G data.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 6 (2,812 Views)
Master

nick.dalal wrote:

so i got the iphone 4s, and i activated it and made it prepaid. i have the 50 dollar unlimited plan, and i changed my apn so i can get the data working. problem is now i cant get picture messages. and when i remove the apn settings i get the picture messages. I had the iphone 4, and i also had it prepaid and i had the same exact apn settings, and i didnt have this problem.. what should i do

Can you set up two different groups of data settings?  One with the appropriate APN for data access and one that allows MMS to function.  If so, can you create a menu shortcut that will allow you to more easily toggle back and forth between the two as your default settings based on your needs at the time?

(I'm not familiar with the iPhone at all.  But I did a variation of this on both of my SE phones to allow data access and to prevent unwanted data access.)

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 3 of 6 (2,694 Views)
Contributor

how u activated iphone 4s to prepaid?
Message 4 of 6 (2,691 Views)
Contributor

how u activate iphone 4s.. when i put the prepare simcard in.. the 4s can't detect the simcard

Message 5 of 6 (2,691 Views)
Highlighted
Master

You would activate the iPhone 4/4S the same way as you would a regular phone, as far as I know. MicroSIMS may require a different process, though...I'm not completely sure because I have never activated an iPhone by itself before.

When you say the phone cannot detect the SIM card, does it say "No SIM"? Is the SIM card you have activated? It probably is not because, judging from your question, you have not yet found a way to activate it.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6 (2,676 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.