Go Phone Users getting poked !

Tutor

Go Phone Users getting poked !

So does anyone have a Go Phone and recently find out that you are no longer going to be able to buy your data as you have been?   Yes, that's right, it's being taken away but you know who!  I wonder what's going to be taken away next ?  Is it something else I use or is it something that I don't care about.   And THEN, I wonder what they will take away next !

Dan / San Antonio

Dan

Message 1 of 12 (691 Views)
Former Employee

Re: Go Phone Users getting poked !

Can you please post a link or something explaining what you're talking about?

Message 2 of 12 (673 Views)
Professor

drumn_bass wrote:

Can you please post a link or something explaining what you're talking about?

The OP is talking about an announcement sent to GoPhone users (not sure if all) via SMS yesterday saying they won't longer offer data packages for PAYG plans, only monthly plans. at&t hasn't updated the webpage yet and probably won't do it until the day it takes effect (Apr 18).

Message 3 of 12 (668 Views)
Former Employee

Thank You.

Message 4 of 12 (607 Views)

I did not receive the notice and I have heard that those of us who do not have a smart phone are not affected.

Message 5 of 12 (562 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

>I did not receive the notice and I have heard that those of us who do not have a smart phone are not affected.

That can't possibly be true.  ATT cant identify every type of phone to chose who can add the dataplan to their account

Message 6 of 12 (547 Views)

I contacted customer service online and this was the discussion:

You are now chatting with Felicia Mu., an AT&T sales representative.

Felicia Mu.: Welcome to AT&T online Feature Sales. How may I assist you with your features today?

Robert: My phone is a Pantech Link on a GoPhone plan. I purchase $25 every 90 days. I buy data each month. I have heard that you are no longer going to allow me to purchase data that way after 4/18. Is that true?

Felicia Mu.: I would be happy to assist with your questions today!

Felicia Mu.: One moment let me verify that.

Felicia Mu.: I am not aware of that, and have not received any communication thus far to that affect.

Robert: Okay, thank you.

Felicia Mu.: Not a problem!  Can I answer any additional questions for you today?

Robert: No, that takes care of me, thanks.

Felicia Mu.: Thank you for choosing AT&T!  Have a great day!

Then, I called AT&T GoPhone customer service.  They told me that the change in data usage on GoPhone only affect customers in New York and New Jersey.

Message 7 of 12 (537 Views)
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Dr. Richard Kimble wrote:

I contacted customer service online and this was the discussion:

Then, I called AT&T GoPhone customer service.  They told me that the change in data usage on GoPhone only affect customers in New York and New Jersey.

Very interesting. Thanks for making the call. Now it would be great if one of the handy Community Managers for this forum would chime in and confirm that info.

Message 8 of 12 (532 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

[ Edited ]

Theyre stopping it only for people in New York and New Jersey LOL.

With respect the people you are talking to at ATT are clearly uninformed fools.

Message 9 of 12 (517 Views)

>>>Theyre stopping it only for people in New York and New Jersey LOL.

With respect the people you are talking to at ATT are clearly uninformed fools. <<<

I suspect the same thing.  I have a feeling that if I contact them 10 times, I will get 10 different answers.  I am going to try again later, when I have some free time to waste.

Message 10 of 12 (499 Views)

I talked to several AT&T CSR's about this yesterday.  I was told that it is all true and that if I want data, I have to spend a great deal more than I am now. Hence I will be gone when my current airtime expires on 4/20.  

After I talked to one CSR, who told me that it is all true and gave me detail, I called again and talked to one who had no idea that this is happening and he didn't believe me.  That tells us that AT&T CSR's are very poorly trained.  What a pathetic company.

Message 11 of 12 (417 Views)

Message 12 of 12 (391 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.