Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 14, 2008
9:07:59 AM
GlobeTrotter EXPRESS HSUPA - Anybody Using it with a MacBook Pro?
Hi

Is anyone using the GlobeTrotter EXPRESS HSUPA with a Macbook Pro and if so, is it easy to install (are there any problems)? 

If there are any alternatives, please let me know and if possible where are the best places to buy these cards? I am looking for an express card and wanted to get a card that would at least be somewhat "future-proof" for the next couple of years. Thanks

Hi

Is anyone using the GlobeTrotter EXPRESS HSUPA with a Macbook Pro and if so, is it easy to install (are there any problems)? 

If there are any alternatives, please let me know and if possible where are the best places to buy these cards? I am looking for an express card and wanted to get a card that would at least be somewhat "future-proof" for the next couple of years. Thanks

GlobeTrotter EXPRESS HSUPA - Anybody Using it with a MacBook Pro?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2008 4:51:38 PM
(0)
Contributor
I am, it works wonderfully out of the box.  Just plug it in and go.  No software is needed. (I'm running Leopard 10.5.1) The only problem I've noticed has been lack for SMS support, whereas it's supported in Windows.  It's handy to keep a phone that will recognize the SIM card or a Windows machine nearby incase you need to receive a text from someone, such as AT&T Customer Care.  Hope this helps.
I am, it works wonderfully out of the box.  Just plug it in and go.  No software is needed. (I'm running Leopard 10.5.1) The only problem I've noticed has been lack for SMS support, whereas it's supported in Windows.  It's handy to keep a phone that will recognize the SIM card or a Windows machine nearby incase you need to receive a text from someone, such as AT&T Customer Care.  Hope this helps.

Re: GlobeTrotter EXPRESS HSUPA - Anybody Using it with a MacBook Pro?

2 of 3 (1,822 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2008 11:23:55 AM
(0)
Teacher
Thanks!!  Where did you buy it from and what speeds are you getting?
Thanks!!  Where did you buy it from and what speeds are you getting?

Re: GlobeTrotter EXPRESS HSUPA - Anybody Using it with a MacBook Pro?

3 of 3 (1,806 Views)