Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jul 25, 2011
10:54:24 PM
View profile
Gingerbread update and your contacts' birthdates issues (at least on Atrix)

I've updated the Atrix thread but I though I'd post at this level as well ..... following the Gingerbread update (thank you, AT&T, nice to be amongst the first to try it!!) my Contacts have lost all the birthdates information (well, nearly all, I've found only 1 contact which still had the birthday info).

A quick Google search shows others have had the birthdates shifted one month earlier, again, on Atrix 4G - so, not sure if this post is really applies to AT&T Gingerbread 2.3.4 update or it is specific to Atrix 4G.

(I'm running standard stock firmware)

I've updated the Atrix thread but I though I'd post at this level as well ..... following the Gingerbread update (thank you, AT&T, nice to be amongst the first to try it!!) my Contacts have lost all the birthdates information (well, nearly all, I've found only 1 contact which still had the birthday info).

A quick Google search shows others have had the birthdates shifted one month earlier, again, on Atrix 4G - so, not sure if this post is really applies to AT&T Gingerbread 2.3.4 update or it is specific to Atrix 4G.

(I'm running standard stock firmware)

Gingerbread update and your contacts' birthdates issues (at least on Atrix)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2011 4:41:12 AM
(0)
Master
There was also an issue with contact's birthdays and the Gingerbread update on the Droid X. I am not sure it is the same issue though. It could be a Google problem or it could be an issue with how Motorola has customized the UI (Blur) to remove the feature.

If the contact were saved as Google contacts, you should be able to log into your contacts from a computer and verify if the information is there or not.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
There was also an issue with contact's birthdays and the Gingerbread update on the Droid X. I am not sure it is the same issue though. It could be a Google problem or it could be an issue with how Motorola has customized the UI (Blur) to remove the feature.

If the contact were saved as Google contacts, you should be able to log into your contacts from a computer and verify if the information is there or not.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Gingerbread update and your contacts' birthdates issues (at least on Atrix)

2 of 2 (396 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments