Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Oct 10, 2011
11:28:20 AM
View profile
Getting charged International Text/IM Overage and I don't know how

For the past 2 billing cycle my phone has been billed over 100 Messages. My question is does Facebook IM charge you if the person your Instant Messaging is not in the US. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

For the past 2 billing cycle my phone has been billed over 100 Messages. My question is does Facebook IM charge you if the person your Instant Messaging is not in the US. 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Getting charged International Text/IM Overage and I don't know how

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 5:46:28 PM
(0)
Former Employee

Facebook "should" only use data, but first... What phone are you using?

Facebook "should" only use data, but first... What phone are you using?

Re: Getting charged International Text/IM Overage and I don't know how

2 of 5 (1,615 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 2:41:47 AM
(0)
Professor
And besides Facebook only being a web site, the only time international texts charges apply would be when sending or receiving texts from family/friends or anyone who may be vacationing in another country outside U.S., right?

I have a friend work for an airline and he would send texts and emails when he stopped at different locations... the charges were racking up! Had to say wait till they were back home before sending such.

I also had an app (SEVEN Email exchange) that was sending text messages to Malaysia without my knowing.. costed me too.

i wonder if anything like this is happening here...
And besides Facebook only being a web site, the only time international texts charges apply would be when sending or receiving texts from family/friends or anyone who may be vacationing in another country outside U.S., right?

I have a friend work for an airline and he would send texts and emails when he stopped at different locations... the charges were racking up! Had to say wait till they were back home before sending such.

I also had an app (SEVEN Email exchange) that was sending text messages to Malaysia without my knowing.. costed me too.

i wonder if anything like this is happening here...
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

3 of 5 (1,608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 11:31:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

I am using the iphone

I am using the iphone

4 of 5 (1,600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2011 11:40:34 AM
(0)
Professor
Do you recognize the phone numbers where the charges are beimg applied? What about the datetime stamp on the charged text messages? I am assuming you have unlimited text messages and your post is referring to being billed for ober 100 messages?
Do you recognize the phone numbers where the charges are beimg applied? What about the datetime stamp on the charged text messages? I am assuming you have unlimited text messages and your post is referring to being billed for ober 100 messages?
Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

5 of 5 (1,593 Views)