Helpful Links

Getting PIN to refill account

Contributor

Getting PIN to refill account

Hey,

I've purchased a goPhone on my latest trip to New York.

I'm coming back mid June and hope to have the same number. Unfortunately, I don't have the PIN to refill my account and it's about to expire, and to get the PIN I need to be able to get texts to my phone (which is impossible in Israel..)

any chance there's a solution to that?

Thanks!

Inbar

Message 1 of 4
Professor

Re: Getting PIN to refill account

inbarko wrote:

Hey,

I've purchased a goPhone on my latest trip to New York.

I'm coming back mid June and hope to have the same number. Unfortunately, I don't have the PIN to refill my account and it's about to expire, and to get the PIN I need to be able to get texts to my phone (which is impossible in Israel..)

any chance there's a solution to that?

Thanks!

Inbar

What is the expiration date of your account? If mid June is less than 60 days from your account expiration date, you can do the refill when you arrive in the US, and you will be able to keep the number.

For reference, here's a paragraph from the GoPhone Terms of Service:

GoPhone Pay As You Go: A compatible phone (not a data-only device) is required. Not all features work on all phones and in all areas. You must add money to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be cancelled. Pay As You Go cards and other account refills are nontransferable and nonrefundable. The *888* command for refill only works with PINS/Cards purchased from AT&T-owned retail stores and select authorized retail locations. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period (e.g., $50/90 days). Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration. If money is added to your account before the current balance expires, the existing balance will carry over to the new expiration date (Rollover Balance®). Pay As You Go accounts will be canceled 60 days after expiration. A service activation fee and new wireless phone number will be required to reactivate service. Account balance limit is $500; any amount over that limit will be deducted from your balance. 900 numbers are not available. Rates and services are subject to change. All service is subject to the GoPhone Terms of Service found in the User Guide.

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Hi,

It says that after 26 days the account is deleted. Does that render the SIM useless or can one register again after that period of time?

Cheers,

-Morten

Message 3 of 4
Professor

The SIM becomes useless after 26 days past activation if you don't add money.

But once you add money, your account will expire in 30 days or 90 days, depending on the refill denomination. If you just let it expire, your SIM becomes useless 60 days from the expiration date.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support