Get voicemail off broken iPhone?

Contributor

Get voicemail off broken iPhone?

I broke my iPhone last Friday, and I don't want to replace it until the iPhone 5 comes out. I got AT&T to forward all calls to my iPhone number to another phone I'm using until I get the new iPhone. In the meantime, how can I access the voicemail messages that were left before I began forwarding to the new number?

Message 1 of 6 (2,636 Views)
Professor

Re: Get voicemail off broken iPhone?

The same way you would access them with any other phone.

Call into the voicemail system or call your cell number.

The voicemail messages are not actually stored on the iPhone... they still reside on AT&T's network.

Message 2 of 6 (2,633 Views)
Contributor

If I call the cell number from another phone, it gets forwarded to the new number immediately. Is there a separate number I can call for the ATT voicemail network? I realize the messages aren't actually on the phone. So basically what I am trying to do is access the 4 messages that were left on my phone before I set up the forwarding.

I appreciate your response. I have spent much of today messing with this. The larger situation going on is that I got a new sim card for the number which i tried to switch out with another phone i have on my account, but because the other phone doesn't have visual voicemail (very cheapo phone), no dice. I was in danger of losing my unlimited data if i altered the phone assigned to the number. Then, i tried putting the new sim card in my very old 2G iphone, and that wasn't going to work either. So I decided best thing to do was to forward all calls to a different number on my account. Now, it would have been nice if I had figured out how to access those voicemail messages before setting up the forwarding, but that seemed like the most important thing to do...at the time.

Message 3 of 6 (2,624 Views)
Guru

As long as it is not a new phone number, when you call your cell phone number you need to access the voicemail system and you should be able to listen to your old messages.
Message 4 of 6 (2,612 Views)
Professor

Forwarding may interfere, but basically, call your number.  Let it go to voicemail.  Enter your access code, then you can listen to the messages and delete them or resave them if you want.

Message 5 of 6 (2,610 Views)
Highlighted
Guru

It should only interfere if it's being forwarded to a different phone number. If his number was transferred to a different phone that won't make a difference.
Message 6 of 6 (2,608 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.