Get rid of lock screen captivate

Teacher

Get rid of lock screen captivate

Is there a way?
Message 1 of 12 (7,947 Views)
Scholar

Re: Get rid of lock screen captivate

no i don't think there is.  it is there to prevent you from pushing buttons automatically if it is in your pocket or something.

not sure if there is a way to change it but i know you can't get rid of it.

Message 2 of 12 (7,922 Views)
Master

I know, it's quite a nuisance to keep pressing "Touch and Hold to unlock" every time your phone goes into sleep mode...

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 12 (7,805 Views)
Scholar

the captivate is different.  you actually have to slide it off the screen it isn't a touch and hold like the mythic is.

Message 4 of 12 (7,790 Views)
Contributor

You can get rid of the "slide to unlock" by downloading the FREE 'No Lock' app from the Android market.

It still keeps the push button on the side of the Captivate, but you will no longer have to swipe.

Message 5 of 12 (7,746 Views)
Master

mystery45 wrote:

the captivate is different.  you actually have to slide it off the screen it isn't a touch and hold like the mythic is.

Wow, that's terrible... Smiley Indifferent

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 12 (7,727 Views)
Teacher

Thanks! Worked like a charm! The double lock feature was driving me nuts!

Just note that Airplane mode will not work as normal, as per the warning before downloading the app... Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12 (7,710 Views)
Scholar

It looks like the No Lock app solves the problem of double lock for those that do not like to swipe. I guess I'm looking for the reverse. I don't mind the swipe as much as I don't like having to find and press the on/off button. The Captivate front is very simetrical, so I end up with the phone upside down many times. (50/50 chance is upside down when I take it out of my pocket) Since the unlock screen works with a swipe in any direction... without having to find and press the switch...  It'd would save me one step as I would not have to find the on/off switch... I swipe and place the phone right side up... if necessary. 

Message 8 of 12 (7,687 Views)
Mentor

I found out that double pressing the volume key also wakes up the phone. Hope that helps in any way.

Message 9 of 12 (7,516 Views)
Contributor

Double pressing the volume button does nothing at all on my captivate when the screen is locked.  I love my captivate but I absolutely can't stand the in-call lock screen. I use a BT headset exclusively so the proximity sensor doesn't help me at all. Every time I make a call, I have just a couple seconds to press a button and continue pressing something every couple seconds or the screen will lock, preventing me from dialing any extensions, change to speaker, end the call, mute, add a call....    every couple seconds I have to press the power button to wake up the screen, then I can can use the phone, and end a call. Very very very very annoying. There must be a way to disable the in-call lock, or at least allow more than a couple seconds before I have to press the button again. It drives me nuts that I have to wake up the screen just to end a call. It locks almost immediately after dialing. This is BS. I hope 2.2 is more bluetooth friendly.

Message 10 of 12 (6,826 Views)
Teacher

Forgot about this thread. Just download no lock from the market.
Message 11 of 12 (2,293 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Frank2112 wrote:

You can get rid of the "slide to unlock" by downloading the FREE 'No Lock' app from the Android market.

It still keeps the push button on the side of the Captivate, but you will no longer have to swipe.

Thank you thank you thank you!  No Lock works and now my sanity is less in jeopardy.

Message 12 of 12 (2,099 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.