Aug 29, 2011 9:19:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Nobody knows for sure, yet. Sorry.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Nobody knows for sure, yet. Sorry.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Galaxy s2

2 of 21 (6,663 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 1:19:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

I thought there supposed to be an official announcement today.

I thought there supposed to be an official announcement today.

3 of 21 (6,516 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 2:37:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Was there? If there was, then maybe a release date has been announced. Until then, it remains an unsolved mystery.

Was there? If there was, then maybe a release date has been announced. Until then, it remains an unsolved mystery.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 21 (6,501 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 3:43:06 PM
(0)
Master
There was to be some announcement from Samsung. The actual availability date will be determined by the carrier who are going to carry their particular variant of the Galaxy SII.

After seeing the pictures of the three US variants, I rather have the original.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
There was to be some announcement from Samsung. The actual availability date will be determined by the carrier who are going to carry their particular variant of the Galaxy SII.

After seeing the pictures of the three US variants, I rather have the original.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

5 of 21 (6,485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 4:06:08 PM
(0)
Tutor
An announcement was made at 6pm. The epic 4g ( sprint version) will be released
First. Also , this has a 4.5" screen . Release date September 16th. Followed by att and t mobile ( release date not determined) att version is the 4.3 " screen . What I don't understand is , I called customer service to see if they would have any info. On this and they never even heard of the phone. What a joke. I've been waiting to upgrade since November . I ha gotten the atrix , that had more problems then I could deal with, then the store I went to put a 4g card in my blackberry bold and it has worked right since! I hope att makes an announcement soon or I might switch over to sprint, plus I think for everyline you switch over from att you get 100$ credit or something
An announcement was made at 6pm. The epic 4g ( sprint version) will be released
First. Also , this has a 4.5" screen . Release date September 16th. Followed by att and t mobile ( release date not determined) att version is the 4.3 " screen . What I don't understand is , I called customer service to see if they would have any info. On this and they never even heard of the phone. What a joke. I've been waiting to upgrade since November . I ha gotten the atrix , that had more problems then I could deal with, then the store I went to put a 4g card in my blackberry bold and it has worked right since! I hope att makes an announcement soon or I might switch over to sprint, plus I think for everyline you switch over from att you get 100$ credit or something

6 of 21 (6,479 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 5:15:11 PM
(0)
Master
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

7 of 21 (6,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2011 7:50:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Ann154 wrote:
September 18, 2011

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-and-samsung-unveil-nation%E2%80%99s-thinnest-4g-smartphone-again
Thanks for the article, Ann. I believe this article that the date, in fact, WILL be September 18th.

yue, does this answer your question? Smiley Happy

Ann154 wrote:
September 18, 2011

http://m.androidcentral.com/att-and-samsung-unveil-nation%E2%80%99s-thinnest-4g-smartphone-again
Thanks for the article, Ann. I believe this article that the date, in fact, WILL be September 18th.

yue, does this answer your question? Smiley Happy

8 of 21 (6,430 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 9:57:41 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by pamelaz on Sep 10, 2011 at 9:07:58 AM

Im sick of waiting, AT&T is to stupid to know how long we have been waiting for this phone? I'm leaving AT&T and getting the Galaxy S2 from Sprint on the 16th!! AT&T cant even give a date. I quit this {word filter evasion}

Im sick of waiting, AT&T is to stupid to know how long we have been waiting for this phone? I'm leaving AT&T and getting the Galaxy S2 from Sprint on the 16th!! AT&T cant even give a date. I quit this {word filter evasion}

[ Edited ]
9 of 21 (5,616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 9, 2011 10:02:38 PM
(0)
Teacher
AT&T never "officially announced" it. I'm done with rumors!!!
AT&T never "officially announced" it. I'm done with rumors!!!

10 of 21 (5,614 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 8:21:40 AM
(0)
Contributor

I agree also. If At&t won't post an OFFICIAL release date, I will go to Sprint....

I agree also. If At&t won't post an OFFICIAL release date, I will go to Sprint....

11 of 21 (2,890 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 12:47:34 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by RavynX on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:55:32 PM

I keep seeing Sept. 18th as well but that's a Sunday which is an odd day to release a new phone.  Is that just the speculated date like "after" the 18th?  Then again, the Infuse was released on May 15th which was a Sunday.  I can't wait for this phone!  Must get rid of the iPhone 3GS...

I keep seeing Sept. 18th as well but that's a Sunday which is an odd day to release a new phone.  Is that just the speculated date like "after" the 18th?  Then again, the Infuse was released on May 15th which was a Sunday.  I can't wait for this phone!  Must get rid of the iPhone 3GS...

[ Edited ]
12 of 21 (2,798 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 1:05:53 PM
(0)
Master

A lot of AT&T phones are released on Sundays, including original Captivate. Not odd at all.

A lot of AT&T phones are released on Sundays, including original Captivate. Not odd at all.

13 of 21 (2,794 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 2:03:37 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
I agree. I remember the HTC Inspire being released on a Sunday morning/afternoon as well back in February. Maybe that's everyone's "free day"?

I agree. I remember the HTC Inspire being released on a Sunday morning/afternoon as well back in February. Maybe that's everyone's "free day"?

14 of 21 (2,774 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2011 2:35:31 PM
(0)
Scholar
I hoping Oct. 1st, that's the day I'm eligible for a phone upgrade lol Smiley Happy

You cab register here on AT&T for breaking news on the Galaxy S2's release:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung-galaxy-s2.jsp?status=success&_requestid=289001#fbid...
I hoping Oct. 1st, that's the day I'm eligible for a phone upgrade lol Smiley Happy

You cab register here on AT&T for breaking news on the Galaxy S2's release:
http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/devices/samsung-galaxy-s2.jsp?status=success&_requestid=289001#fbid=FM9JLyNU2wc

15 of 21 (2,768 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 13, 2011 7:38:18 AM
(0)
Explorer
I signed up to be notified when the Captivate was released. Got an email about a month after I got mine on release date.
I signed up to be notified when the Captivate was released. Got an email about a month after I got mine on release date.

16 of 21 (2,611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2011 6:10:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

i wouldnt count on it, bcuz att said it was sept 18th and it wasnt released today!! im so mad!! ive been waiting for this phone since MAY!!

i wouldnt count on it, bcuz att said it was sept 18th and it wasnt released today!! im so mad!! ive been waiting for this phone since MAY!!

17 of 21 (1,644 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2011 11:35:41 PM
(0)
Teacher

I don't think at&t said the release date is 9/18.  where do you see that?  

I don't think at&t said the release date is 9/18.  where do you see that?  

18 of 21 (1,545 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 5:52:01 AM
(0)
Scholar

i think the problem is that AT&T has not said ANYTHING. Other than the 2 or 3 reps that I have spoken with who seem not to even know what I am talking about when I ask about the new Galaxy S2. These reps aren't acting secretive, they act like I am the first person to even mention that the phone is coming to AT&T. It is the most baffling experience! The only other phone that receives this kind of secrecy is the iPhone.

Speaking of the iPhone, Samsung should be the most upset about the delay of the phone's release. As many others have said, AT&T is going to get the contract whether customers buy the Galaxy or the iPhone. The closer the release date of the iPhone gets, the easier many people are going to find it to wait and pass the Galaxy over. For those who are android or nothing, the Nexus Prime will be out in November at the latest. I can't understand why Samsung isn't raking AT&T over the coals and putting all the blame on them, UNLESS the problem is with Samsung.

It makes no sense to delay this hyped up phone so much that it competes with the holiday phones coming out this year or the beasts that are on the horizon for next year. Phone companies are going to have to realize that these 2 year contracts far outlast the technology of the devices that are being manufactured these days.

I was wholly on board for the Galaxy S2 on Sept 18. As it gets closer to Oct. 21 (iPhone) and to the release of Ice Cream Sandwich (Nexus Prime release will coincide with this), I am close to relinquishing my seat on the bandwagon.

i think the problem is that AT&T has not said ANYTHING. Other than the 2 or 3 reps that I have spoken with who seem not to even know what I am talking about when I ask about the new Galaxy S2. These reps aren't acting secretive, they act like I am the first person to even mention that the phone is coming to AT&T. It is the most baffling experience! The only other phone that receives this kind of secrecy is the iPhone.

Speaking of the iPhone, Samsung should be the most upset about the delay of the phone's release. As many others have said, AT&T is going to get the contract whether customers buy the Galaxy or the iPhone. The closer the release date of the iPhone gets, the easier many people are going to find it to wait and pass the Galaxy over. For those who are android or nothing, the Nexus Prime will be out in November at the latest. I can't understand why Samsung isn't raking AT&T over the coals and putting all the blame on them, UNLESS the problem is with Samsung.

It makes no sense to delay this hyped up phone so much that it competes with the holiday phones coming out this year or the beasts that are on the horizon for next year. Phone companies are going to have to realize that these 2 year contracts far outlast the technology of the devices that are being manufactured these days.

I was wholly on board for the Galaxy S2 on Sept 18. As it gets closer to Oct. 21 (iPhone) and to the release of Ice Cream Sandwich (Nexus Prime release will coincide with this), I am close to relinquishing my seat on the bandwagon.

19 of 21 (1,178 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply

20 of 21 (1,152 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 21, 2011 5:02:56 PM
(0)
Scholar

Evil_Homer wrote:
Release date is 10/2.
http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-release-date-please/m-p/2872249#M91430

Here's there post on twitter confirming it as well.

https://twitter.com/#!/ATT/status/116557798036348928

Evil_Homer wrote:
Release date is 10/2.
http://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung/Samsung-Galaxy-S2-release-date-please/m-p/2872249#M91430

Here's there post on twitter confirming it as well.

https://twitter.com/#!/ATT/status/116557798036348928

21 of 21 (1,263 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments