Galaxy S4 screen issues

Highlighted
Mentor

Galaxy S4 screen issues

[ Edited ]

My ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 screen went dark a couple of months ago. There is a minor scratch on bevel that may void waranty. 

I had not turned the phone on in some time. Four days ago, I turned the phone on and was able to see the screen barely, under the right light.  

I was able to fiddle with some settings and the screen looks pretty good now,with one exception is the camera. It takes good photos but the viewfinder screen is very dark. 

Any ideas how to get viewfinder screen to be more viewable?

I was able to get the screen (except camera viewfinder) to a very workable condition by:
1. In Display setting: 
    a. In Screen Mode select Dynamic
    b. In Brightness menu:
         1. Turn automatic brightness off
         2. Turn brightness slider to up to brightest level 
             (the slider bar itself has an issue: turning to highest level actually causes screen to

darken,at about 75% the screen is brightest)
    c. Uncheck "Auto Adjust Screen Tone" 

2. Install "Filter Your Screen" app from Playstore
a. Create filter with all 4 elements (Alpha, Red, Green, Blue) set to highest settings

Message 1 of 3 (305 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Galaxy S4 screen issues

Hello, rlridgeway!

I'm sorry to hear that your camera app viewfinder screen appears darker than normal. If you've already done some basic troubleshooting, you may want to send us a private message by clicking here so we can get a tech support expert to help you out.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a response within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)
Professor

Re: Galaxy S4 screen issues

rlridgeway wrote:

My ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 screen went dark a couple of months ago. There is a minor scratch on bevel that may void waranty. 

Minor scratch shouldn't be a issue with warranty.  Unless the damage is pretty severe, or evidence of moisture damage, AT&T will usually honor the warranty.

Message 3 of 3 (158 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.