Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy S2 and AP Mobile Battery Drain

Galaxy S2 and AP Mobile Battery Drain

My Galaxy S2 battery is draining, and it turns out that the AP Mobile widget (which comes preinstalled and cannot be deleted without rooting the phone, which we are not supposed to do) is refreshing itself even when I'm not using it.  I do not have the widget up.  When I had it up last, I set the refresh internal to never.  According Battery Usage, it is still accessing data (using up data) and using up the battery.  It using more battery power than the display!  Is this for real?  

On other message boards, people are saying they root their phones and then freeze or delete AP Mobile.  I rooted my last phone. I don't want to root this one.  Samsung/AT&T cannot preinstall an app that uses power and data that we can't turn off. What is going on?  

Smiley Mad

Thanks.

Message 1 of 57
Teacher

Re: Galaxy S2 and AP Mobile Battery Drain

Same as me Smiley Happy this is stealing. Do you still have same issues after factory reset? What to not touch after resetting the phone?
Message 46 of 57
Teacher

Is there some app to backup all apps and settings or no
?
Message 47 of 57
Master

@Purelife11 wrote:
Is there some app to backup all apps and settings or no
?

Yes, there are such apps but they are require root access. If you rooted your phone, you can easily remove the AP mobile app without resetting the phone.

Message 48 of 57
Teacher

I got it done but still not happy about AP mobile app. I never root the phone and I will try avoid rooting if I canSmiley Happy
Message 49 of 57
Tutor

It appears that since the recent update the AP problem has been solved.  After the update I set the auto refresh in the widget to never and removed it from the home screen.  After almost 48 hours it has consumed no data.

Message 50 of 57
Scholar

Can you elaborate on the "update"?  I accidentally added this widget, and my AP News has used 25 MB on the cell network in a week, compared to 0 for all last month.  I cannot find the refresh interval setting.  I have removed the widget and it's STILL using data.  This needs to be fixed!

Message 51 of 57
Highlighted
Master

@bmgoodman wrote:

Can you elaborate on the "update"?  I accidentally added this widget, and my AP News has used 25 MB on the cell network in a week, compared to 0 for all last month.  I cannot find the refresh interval setting.  I have removed the widget and it's STILL using data.  This needs to be fixed!

There is a new ROM update recently released by AT&T via OTA. It updates Android OS to 2.3.6 and fixed many other bugs. AP mobile bug is one of them.

Go your phone settings->Software Update to see if you can get the update.

Message 52 of 57
Scholar

I tried that, but so far, no joy. I'll keep an eye out for it! Thanks.
Message 53 of 57
Scholar

I got it today. I hope it fixes the AP News bug!
Message 54 of 57
Scholar

Got mine last night by checking for update
Message 55 of 57
Scholar

Here's the link from respose Samsung tweet what the update covers http://m.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00042833&fm_seq=43430
Message 56 of 57
Scholar

.....the update officially fixes the AP issue!
Message 57 of 57
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support