Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Galaxy S2: add/remove/change notification bar toggles?

jyg
Contributor

Galaxy S2: add/remove/change notification bar toggles?

The notification bar pull down provides toggle buttons for things I don't usually use (BT, airplane mode, rotation)  I'd like to be able to swap these out for other toggles (like 3g/4g on/off, screen timeout, screen lock).  I know all of these things can be had with home screen widgets, but I've really come to like the Cyanogenmod6 style of notification toggles that I used to use on my ancient G-1.  

I've looked all around the phone's settings, did I missing something?  Are there any options to do what I'm trying to accomplish?

jyg

Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: Galaxy S2: add/remove/change notification bar toggles?

No, I do not think it is possible to change the notification bar options... If there is a way after all, I do not know about it. I personally like having the Wi-Fi feature at my fingertips like that - it's so simple to turn on and turn off Wi-Fi.

That's basically the only feature in the bar that I use, though. I see what you mean about wanting to switch them out for different functions.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 2 of 5

Not without a custom ROM.

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

I agree with Wild, I especially like being able to toggle Bluetooth on and off so easily, I have a hands free system from the factory in my car and turning Bluetooth on while going to my car or even while driving in those cases I forgot to turn it on is so much easier with this phone then any of my old ones.. Also I have to say the bluetooth is much better with the GS2 then my other phones, with my previous Samsung Focus w/WP7 if I forgot to turn it on and tried while the car already was started they wouldn't link up where with the GS2 it links up anytime I turn it on...
Message 4 of 5
Master

@pmt1209 wrote:
I agree with Wild, I especially like being able to toggle Bluetooth on and off so easily, I have a hands free system from the factory in my car and turning Bluetooth on while going to my car or even while driving in those cases I forgot to turn it on is so much easier with this phone then any of my old ones.. Also I have to say the bluetooth is much better with the GS2 then my other phones, with my previous Samsung Focus w/WP7 if I forgot to turn it on and tried while the car already was started they wouldn't link up where with the GS2 it links up anytime I turn it on...
Yes. Smiley Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support