Galaxy S2 Thoughts, Tips, Tricks & Problem fixes.

Scholar

Galaxy S2 Thoughts, Tips, Tricks & Problem fixes.

I figured since thousands like myself will be playing with their new GS2s for the next few weeks/months we might as well have a thread for us Galaxy S2 users to share thoughts, tips, tricks and problem fixs.. Like any new piece of technology there will be things we won't be able to figure out ourselves so let this be a good place to find answers, get tips and learn of great user options available for this gem.... 

I've spent the last 6 hours customizing my new Galaxy S2 and honestly I'm loving every minute of it!! Coming from a WP7 I can't believe how many options and apps are available for me to make this phone "my" phone.. 

LET THE FUN BEGIN Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 130

Re: Galaxy S2 Thoughts, Tips, Tricks & Problem fixes.

Ok then it must just be the European versions lol
Message 61 of 130
Scholar

TimStrader wrote:

Anyone find a app that will flash the camera LED when a message or call comes in?

Now that's a really cool idea!!! It would have to have a light intensity setting though, have you tried the flashlight app "Tiny Flashlight"??  The led flash is VERY bright!!

Message 62 of 130
Contributor

ok just making sure it isnt my phone... when u hit the lock button does the screen dim then shut off? it seems like there is a delay and i just want to make sure it just my screen... thanks for the responses

Message 63 of 130

Maybe these are common known facts already...?

1.) On the Galaxy S2, just like the other galaxy phones, if you put your finger in the very top of the phone screen and it shows the notification gray bar, and hold it there for a sec or two, it would set the brightness of the screen that you want it too. The the right means brighter, to the left means less.

2.) An embarassing thing happened to me in my Philosphy class today, when I was checking my phone for a message and replied, I pressed the home capacitive button two times (because I thought I missed it at first). Then suddenly, my phone said out loud, "What would you like to do?" My phone was on silent but I guess this is not affected by it...

But anyhow, if you tap the home button twice, it would activate the voice command system (assuming you already cleared the I agree or I accept part of the thing). Man it was embarassing... everyone looked at me and the teacher even paused for a second.

Message 64 of 130
Tutor

Does anyone else have a problem with their text messages where your messages keep piling on top of each other on the very top, but the other person's response piles below, so you'd have to scroll up to see what you wrote, then back down to see what's the newest thing the other person wrote?  Any fixes?  :\

Message 65 of 130
Tutor

Also realized that for some reason, my sent date is somehow 2 days off (says Oct 4th) , although I set the display information to the correct time and date (was Oct 6th).

Message 66 of 130

Thank you so much!!!

Message 67 of 130

Also, it's so crazy that you can't send big videos! You would think that a phone that does just about everything else would be able to do that. Maybe there will be an app for it soon?

And I might be stupid but, I have tried downloading those apps to make my texts come up on the screen and they don't work. Do I need to do something to the original settings? Thanks in advance.

Message 68 of 130
Master

archer_jed wrote:

Maybe these are common known facts already...?

1.) On the Galaxy S2, just like the other galaxy phones, if you put your finger in the very top of the phone screen and it shows the notification gray bar, and hold it there for a sec or two, it would set the brightness of the screen that you want it too. The the right means brighter, to the left means less.

It is the feature of TouchWiz, same exact way as on Captivate. I'd leave the screen on auto. Too bright, you risk burn-in on your screen. Too dim, you can't see it outside under the sun.

Message 69 of 130
Master

TimStrader wrote:

Anyone find a app that will flash the camera LED when a message or call comes in?

That will do real harm to your battery life if you have a lot of calls or messages.

There are apps that can use your bottom capacitive button backlight for notification light but you may have to root your phone first.

Message 70 of 130
Mentor

foxbat121 wrote:

TimStrader wrote:

That will do real harm to your battery life if you have a lot of calls or messages.

There are apps that can use your bottom capacitive button backlight for notification light but you may have to root your phone first.

Not worried about battery life.  More worried about missing a message. 

Message 71 of 130
Scholar

foxbat121 wrote:

TimStrader wrote:

NoLed will let you set it so your bottom capacitive buttons blink when you miss a call, text, email ect..... no rooting or $$ required Smiley Happy

Message 72 of 130
Master

NoLED displays a block/icon on your AMOLD screen, Not buttons. Since it keeps screen alive, it will use more battery juice.

BLN Control  is what uses your button backlight for notification but it requires a custom kernel with BLN mod built-in.

Message 73 of 130

Last night I tried to lock my screen using the button on the right side, and it took a picture of my screen.  It did that several times.  I had to let it lock up on its own, then unlock it, to get the right button to lock up the screen again.  I don't know how that happened (screen pictures), but I would like to know how to enable and disable that feature.

Message 74 of 130
Scholar

foxbat121 wrote:

NoLED displays a block/icon on your AMOLD screen, Not buttons. Since it keeps screen alive, it will use more battery juice.

BLN Control  is what uses your button backlight for notification but it requires a custom kernel with BLN mod built-in.

If you go into NoLed and under the "Miscellaneous" tab there's a option "Disable Backlight" if you uncheck the box there your Capacitive buttons will light up if  you miss a call, text and so on.... Personally I check the box, having the icons pop up every 10 seconds for missed calls and such is enough for me..

Message 75 of 130
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support