Galaxy S2 Thoughts, Tips, Tricks & Problem fixes.

Scholar

Galaxy S2 Thoughts, Tips, Tricks & Problem fixes.

I figured since thousands like myself will be playing with their new GS2s for the next few weeks/months we might as well have a thread for us Galaxy S2 users to share thoughts, tips, tricks and problem fixs.. Like any new piece of technology there will be things we won't be able to figure out ourselves so let this be a good place to find answers, get tips and learn of great user options available for this gem.... 

I've spent the last 6 hours customizing my new Galaxy S2 and honestly I'm loving every minute of it!! Coming from a WP7 I can't believe how many options and apps are available for me to make this phone "my" phone.. 

LET THE FUN BEGIN Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 130

Re: Galaxy S2 Thoughts, Tips, Tricks & Problem fixes.

Mine does not speak the time, ever.

Message 16 of 130
Master

andybuildz wrote:

Is there an App thats already been installed or do I need to install one myself that

shows me the amount of data I've used and how full my battery is.

I looked in Settings but don't see anything in there. Is it right in front of my eyes and I'm not finding it??

Oh yeh...When I open my screen from the locked or sleep mode my screen saver comes on along with a clock..and the clock "speaks" the time. Thats kind of annoying. does that happen for everyone or am I just special? How the hel do you turn Ms Talking Robot off??

Mucho thanxo

To check how much data you have used for the month, dial *3282#. A confimation message should then be sent to your phone containing this data information.

As for an instant battery life remaining app, I use a simple app called 'BatteryLife'. It's free from the Android Market if you choose to download it. This is a convenience because otherwise you'd have to go into the phone's settings and look at the remaining percentage that way, which is a pain.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 17 of 130

Finding out how much data you've downloaded:

Calling the number takes a while to get the information sent to you.  I have found a better way.  I use the MyATT app that came with the phone.  I tried registering on my phone, and gave up, and did it on my PC (att.com - much easier, but I am brand new to Android, and smartphones).  I can now logon to MyATT on my phone, and see how many phone minutes I've used, and how much data I've downloaded. 

Message 18 of 130

is anyone ese noticing this phone times out quickly? i turned off the Powersave and i turned the Time Out setting to 2 minutes, and its still timing out at about a minute

Message 19 of 130
Mentor

Are you telling me that there isn't a battery indicator on the home screen at the top?

That's nuts.

Message 20 of 130
Scholar

TimStrader wrote:

Are you telling me that there isn't a battery indicator on the home screen at the top?

That's nuts.

There is a Battery icon which is always on the top right side telling you your battery level..

As for checking data used *3282# usually tells me how much data I have used up to the present time within seconds(sends a test message) but there have been a few times I had to redial it if I don't get a reply with a minute but then it always sends it right away..

Message 21 of 130
Scholar

WrecklessLove wrote:

pmt1209 wrote:
Do you mean adjust the image's size say from 8x10 to 4x7?? If so there's tons of photo editing apps at the market for just about doing anything with photos and many are free..

yeah i took a screen cap yesterday and twipic'd it and it was HUGE lol. i'll try the photo editor that came on the phone

Did you download "Reduce Photo Size" app from the market?? It's free and seems to be just what your looking for..

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.shoozhoo.imageresizer&hl=en

Message 22 of 130
Tutor

Does the AT&T Galaxy S 2 have a lanyard hole?
Message 23 of 130
Expert

No.  See this post.

pj2009 wrote:

Message 24 of 130
Master

None of the Samsung Smartphones I purchased in pass couple years have this lanyard hole: BlackJack1, BlackJack2, Jack, Captivate and GS2. Even the HTC phone I owned recently doesn't have it either, e.g. HTC Pure. So, just like the lack of notification LEDs, AT&T is on the quest to eliminate both features on its line of phones Smiley Happy

pj2009 wrote:

Message 25 of 130

Soooo... theres no Zoom in on this camera? Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 130
Teacher

I found this:  http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0sMrJH_of8&feature=player_embedded  It shows that you pinch in/out to zoom in/out.  But-- this is an older video.

WrecklessLove wrote:

Message 27 of 130

heylillie wrote:

I found this:  http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0sMrJH_of8&feature=player_embedded  It shows that you pinch in/out to zoom in/out.  But-- this is an older video.

WrecklessLove wrote:

Wow! thank you!!! why didnt i think of that? lol 

Message 28 of 130
Tutor

thought the zoom was controlled by the volume up down when in camera mode the buttons on side of phone -- oh, or are you talking about making a pic larger or msaller that you ar looking at in display.. - sorry misunderstood.

Message 29 of 130

jrad13 wrote:

thought the zoom was controlled by the volume up down when in camera mode the buttons on side of phone -- oh, or are you talking about making a pic larger or msaller that you ar looking at in display.. - sorry misunderstood.

no i was talking about zooming in an out on the camera. ur right. that works too. not sure why i didnt think of that either lol

Message 30 of 130
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support