Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2013
11:31:54 PM
View profile
Galaxy S II email issues after Jelly Bean update

I just did the Jelly Bean update a couple of days ago. After some minor adjustments I have nearly everything worked out except the email. No matter what I do I cannot get my phone to auto update when a email comes in. I have checked the settings and it is set to syn every half hour but when you then go look at the account, it says syncing disabled. Previously email would refresh periodically and the little icon would show however many new emails i have. Now it will not do it until I go in and refresh it myself. I deleted the account and added it again and that didn't help. This is such a pain! Any ideas?

I just did the Jelly Bean update a couple of days ago. After some minor adjustments I have nearly everything worked out except the email. No matter what I do I cannot get my phone to auto update when a email comes in. I have checked the settings and it is set to syn every half hour but when you then go look at the account, it says syncing disabled. Previously email would refresh periodically and the little icon would show however many new emails i have. Now it will not do it until I go in and refresh it myself. I deleted the account and added it again and that didn't help. This is such a pain! Any ideas?

Galaxy S II email issues after Jelly Bean update

5 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 3:54:48 PM
(0)
Tutor
After update I cannot get any emails to send or receive....text messages are sporadic too....

Cannot operate SG3 fully to send or receive email ortext.
Anyone have suggestions...?
After update I cannot get any emails to send or receive....text messages are sporadic too....

Cannot operate SG3 fully to send or receive email ortext.
Anyone have suggestions...?

Re: Galaxy S II email issues after Jelly Bean update

2 of 6 (1,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 1:29:13 PM
(0)
Professor

Get on your computer and check the sync settings for the email account in question.

Get on your computer and check the sync settings for the email account in question.

3 of 6 (1,033 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 4, 2013 5:36:22 PM
(0)
Tutor
Emails are operating fine from internet sites such as Outlook.com and Gmail and GoDaddy. The only problem is on SG3 after update.
Emails are operating fine from internet sites such as Outlook.com and Gmail and GoDaddy. The only problem is on SG3 after update.

4 of 6 (973 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 10, 2013 7:16:59 AM
(0)
Scholar

I had this happen, too.  Pull down the notifications screen and look where you can enable/disable things like wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, etc.  Slide that "ribbon" to the right (swipe your finger towards the left) and find "Sync".  If this is turned off (not glowing green), you will not get any sync.

Hope this helps!

I had this happen, too.  Pull down the notifications screen and look where you can enable/disable things like wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, etc.  Slide that "ribbon" to the right (swipe your finger towards the left) and find "Sync".  If this is turned off (not glowing green), you will not get any sync.

Hope this helps!

5 of 6 (843 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 9:15:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Ike_09 on Oct 21, 2013 at 9:17:34 AM

I also had this happen. A simple solution is to remove and then add back the email account on your phone.

In the email app:

1.Go to Settings

2. Click the trach can icon

3. Remove the account

4. Click the + sign

5. Add the account

I also had this happen. A simple solution is to remove and then add back the email account on your phone.

In the email app:

1.Go to Settings

2. Click the trach can icon

3. Remove the account

4. Click the + sign

5. Add the account

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (204 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments