Galaxy S II email issues after Jelly Bean update

Contributor

Galaxy S II email issues after Jelly Bean update

I just did the Jelly Bean update a couple of days ago. After some minor adjustments I have nearly everything worked out except the email. No matter what I do I cannot get my phone to auto update when a email comes in. I have checked the settings and it is set to syn every half hour but when you then go look at the account, it says syncing disabled. Previously email would refresh periodically and the little icon would show however many new emails i have. Now it will not do it until I go in and refresh it myself. I deleted the account and added it again and that didn't help. This is such a pain! Any ideas?

Message 1 of 6
Tutor

Re: Galaxy S II email issues after Jelly Bean update

After update I cannot get any emails to send or receive....text messages are sporadic too....

Cannot operate SG3 fully to send or receive email ortext.
Anyone have suggestions...?
Message 2 of 6
Professor

Get on your computer and check the sync settings for the email account in question.

Message 3 of 6
Tutor

Emails are operating fine from internet sites such as Outlook.com and Gmail and GoDaddy. The only problem is on SG3 after update.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Scholar

I had this happen, too.  Pull down the notifications screen and look where you can enable/disable things like wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, etc.  Slide that "ribbon" to the right (swipe your finger towards the left) and find "Sync".  If this is turned off (not glowing green), you will not get any sync.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 6
Contributor

I also had this happen. A simple solution is to remove and then add back the email account on your phone.

In the email app:

1.Go to Settings

2. Click the trach can icon

3. Remove the account

4. Click the + sign

5. Add the account

Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support